News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 637     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

I meant like why they are reusing them if they said they would use CEM Cab Cars
They've never explicitly said that. That's something that railfans have ascribed to them.

And despite the fact that there are something like 85 of the CEM cab cars, they still have 12 or 15 of the older ones - the last ones delivered, of course - still active as cab cars. They just hadn't been used in quite some time, at least until a couple of weeks ago.

Dan

Someone was asking where GO was storing the surplus of coaches that are not being use due to COVID-19 and was stated anywhere space can be found for them.

Out photographing today, walk by GO Bathurst North Yard and what do I see on a Sunday, 25 coaches on the 2 south yard tracks with nothing at each end in the way of power or cab car. Can't recall when I last saw GO equipment in Bathurst North Yard on the weekend, but a decade or 2.

They are 557,558,559,560,561,562,563,564

560 has been doing the London route pretty much everyday now
To do 4 trips a day you need two trainsets so at least 3 locomotives. But if any of them require heavy maintenance, they might be short. So to do 4 trips a day you need 4 locomotives.

You might be able to do 6 trips a day using two trainsets. But would It deadhead from Kitchener to London in the morning? Or could they park it on track 3 at London station? But doesn't VIA park a train there also?

Why deadhead if they could carry passengers? (besides the cynical view that Metrolinx seemingly can't fathom running a service without Toronto at one end)

Why deadhead if they could carry passengers? (besides the cynical view that Metrolinx seemingly can't fathom running a service without Toronto at one end)
Well it depends. Whos going to want to board at 4am train from Toronto to London?

That's only if you can't layover in London.

The train would need to leave London at 6am, so the train would need to leave Kitchener at 3:30.
Earlier you said it would leave Toronto at 4 AM. which at best is Kitchener at 5:30 AM. Why then would it have to leave Kitchener at 3:30 AM?

Either way, I'm sure there's little demand for trips westbound at that time. If people are travelling at that time, the 401 is empty, and it's infinitely quicker to drive - unlike the daytime.

Earlier you said it would leave Toronto at 4 AM. which at best is Kitchener at 5:30 AM. Why then would it have to leave Kitchener at 3:30 AM?

Either way, I'm sure there's little demand for trips westbound at that time. If people are travelling at that time, the 401 is empty, and it's infinitely quicker to drive - unlike the daytime.
Sorry I dont have the exact time required for the train to travel from Kitchener to London, and have enough time to board passengers and head out to Toronto.
You would want to be in Toronto before 9am.

There is a 7:24 VIA train from London that gets to Kitchener at 9:16 and gets into Toronto for 10:53. That means that train would need to leave London around 5:00 considering it makes more stops to get to Toronto by 9am.

Back