News   Apr 26, 2024
 161     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I've been to the food court about five or six times now, and each time there were no more than 20 people. This was around 12 to 1pm.

Meanwhile, the disgusting north eaton centre food court is rammed.

Shhh... don't give away the wonders of our secret food court.

But seriously, the falafel place there is excellent as well... Milo's Pita. Everything seems to be made with love and care not usually associated with food courts. Delicious falafels, crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Not like the mush I've been served at other places.

I had lunch at the TLS food court. The greek place's service was slooooooooow. With 3 people working there at 2pm (lunchtime) on a Sunday, they didn't have much food pre-made and I waited a good 10 minutes for my order to be ready. So much for fast food.

Another quirk about the food court: the seating and tables are positioned so close together that even a skinny guy like me had difficulty passing through. The tables by the windows facing Yonge are nearly impossible to get to without climbing over the seats.

I really like the greek place. The guy there (older gentleman, possibly the owner?) is really friendly and the food seems to be great quality. It's slow even during weekdays at lunch, but I'll gladly wait a few extra minutes for that level of quality. Their Greek salad is actually a Greek salad, not iceberg lettuce with italian dressing and black olives like you get everywhere else.

So far I really like Milo's Pita (exceptional), the Greek place, and the Korean BBQ place is pretty good too. Not really feeling the Thai place, but we're pretty spoiled for Thai food in this city.

Did anyone else read the EYE article about TLS and Ryerson in this week's issue. Its worth a gander since there is some valuable info about the relationship between the two. I.e. 2/3 of TLS' income comes from the advertising screens on the interior and exterior alone.

From last night...

2589941207_5d22856605.jpg

The floorplans now show that Google and the Ontario Realty Corporation will be taking up office space in the building. How the windowless space that Google will be occupying jives with its efforts to make their employees' working quarters low-stress and lively, I don't know.

The floorplans now show that Google and the Ontario Realty Corporation will be taking up office space in the building. How the windowless space that Google will be occupying jives with its efforts to make their employees' working quarters low-stress and lively, I don't know.

Ontario Realty Corp.? Are you serious? They just took three full floors in 1 Dundas St W. If there wasn't an Ont. Realty Corp, would it have anything to do?

I had lunch at the Lebanese place today. Again, great food but the wait was unacceptable. 10 minutes or more for fast food? WTF?

Is it that they don't believe in the building enough to make food in advance? Keep it up and even the people (like myself) who go there will start going somewhere else. Eventually my patience will reach its end.

Come on now. People are in way too much of a rush these days.

Chat up the fine woman there or something while waiting. ;)

Why is it that just because something is in a food court, means it's fast food?
If you're too impatient, move along to some place else, and those with patience will gladly take your place in line.

^ Because food courts are set up for fast food. There's a register where you order, and then you're supposed to move down the line. When you have to move out of the way and people start falling over themselves, something is broken in the "assembly line"... in this case, advance food preparation.

I'd gladly order and sit down waiting for my meal, but that's not how a food court is set up.

A couple of minutes wait time is fine, five is not ideal, ten is absolutely unacceptable.

... oh, and when they apologize for the long wait, it confirms that something wasn't right with the service.

The service itself was excellent as was the food, but if they're going to be waiting for people to walk up to their counter and make a precise order so they can cook that one souvlaki, then they're going to piss off a lot of people who have short 20 or 30 minute lunch breaks... and that's no way to start up a business.

Try the new falafel place at the SW corner of Dundas and Chestnut. It's very good and cheap too.

Sometimes I have to wait a little bit at Thai Express while they make it, but I don't mind the wait. Sometimes I've had to wait 5-10 minutes.

Back