News   Apr 16, 2024
 203     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 346     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 704     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

is there an irrigation system to keep the grass from drying up within months or will there be crews driving down the mile spraying it down ?

is there an irrigation system to keep the grass from drying up within months or will there be crews driving down the mile spraying it down ?
From the comment about six or seven above: "To the east of it, there is more dirt in the ROW with sprinklers about 20' apart in the outside rail only for both tracks."

Last edited:
Photos 4-6 show the sprinkler head inside of the outside rail only. Its 180 by X which means one water the other track and the ROW by over lapping. I thought I got a good photo of the head and maker, but miss it.

Photos 4-6 show the sprinkler head inside of the outside rail only. Its 180 by X which means one water the other track and the ROW by over lapping. I thought I got a good photo of the head and maker, but miss it.
if you look closly in photo 4 there looks to be a sprinkler head on the far side as well.

Kind of unrelated to the grass topic currently going on (which look great btw).... Is anyone else concerned about capacity issues on the Eglinton LRT within the end of the decade? Another 10 towers proposed a few days ago between 42-52 stories at eglinton and wynford. Also another development on the south west corner of don mills and eglinton got proposed yesterday (see link below) we don't know the number of towers but would be a safe bet it will be at least 10 of them considering the space there.

Ontario Line realistically won't be in place till early 2030s. Overcrowding on the Eglinton LRT will be the norm with perhaps busses during peak hours lol? I also guess they won't have an option and will need to make it grade separated with serious signal priority until Don Mills... we still don't know how many condos will be built on the South East of the intersection yet that development project is probably ramping up in the background before they submit their apps.

Last edited:
if you look closly in photo 4 there looks to be a sprinkler head on the far side as well.
To be clear, each track outside rail has sprinklers that will water the other track and ROW at about 20' apart.

Kind of unrelated to the grass topic currently going on (which look great btw).... Is anyone else concerned about capacity issues on the Eglinton LRT within the end of the decade? Another 10 towers proposed a few days ago between 42-52 stories at eglinton and wynford. Also another development on the south west corner of don mills and eglinton got proposed yesterday (see link below) we don't know the number of towers but would be a safe bet it will be at least 10 of them considering the space there.

5000 residents in a location like that will only generate about 300 peak-hour trips in peak direction (based on Sheppard). The vast majority will be driving, travelling in other directions, travelling outside peak-hours, or not commuting regularly.

Also, you should be worrying about Yonge rather than Eglinton. Those who intend to use Eglinton LRT in peak direction and peak hour aren't going to be working at Yonge & Eglinton, they're making a transfer to downtown. Eglinton LRT usage will be naturally capped by passengers frustrated about Yonge line crowding; and as you mention the DRL will remove that passenger from both the peak-point of Yonge and Eglinton LRT.

Last edited:
^Where other properties have green row’s - are they typically grass? As opposed to some other type of vegetation that tolerates that environment better and is easier to maintain?

- Paul

^Where other properties have green row’s - are they typically grass? As opposed to some other type of vegetation that tolerates that environment better and is easier to maintain?

- Paul
The ones I saw in Europe had real grass

- Paul
It is illegal to use artificial grass on the front yard, since it is considered a "hard" surface by a Toronto by-law. Even if it includes proper drainage under it.

Back