Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

What happened to the promised easy pedestrian access from the west side of the Don to the station?
One of the maps shows a cycling bridge right to the north of the rail bridge, which should support pedestrians as well. Assuming the final plans match their promises...

Some renderings of the East Harbour GO-OL station in this article.

As far as I can tell this rendering (more like a cocktail napkin sketch) doesn't take into account the planned "hybrid" realignment of the Gardinder.

As far as I can tell this rendering (more like a cocktail napkin sketch) doesn't take into account the planned "hybrid" realignment of the Gardinder.
Look again, it definitely does show the re-aligned Gardiner. The current Gardiner dips south and runs over Lakeshore before swinging north. The rendering shows it North of Lakeshore.

Yikes - expropriation, simply to own property to generate income? I can see why property owners are upset. I didn't expect a right-wing government to start nationalizing things!
Their goal isn't to expropriate. Thats a last minute solution. They are working with land owners and developers. Their goal is to form partnerships first and it seems like the majority of landowners/developers have jumped on board.

As for the suburban stations, expect more announcements on TOD for all stations along the line, including the more suburban stations as well.

I don't like the Ford government, but this is one thing they are doing right IMO. Especially when you compare what's happening with Crosstown stations where we are stuck with single storey station buildings.

As for the suburban stations, expect more announcements on TOD for all stations along the line, including the more suburban stations as well.

I don't like the Ford government, but this is one thing they are doing right IMO. Especially when you compare what's happening with Crosstown stations where we are stuck with single storey station buildings.
I can see it being done in suburbia - but it seems unnecessary in a dense urban area.

Offhand though, I can't think of any suburban stations where there've done this - not even new ones. Is there an example? I went past Mount Dennis the other day, and I didn't see anything there.

I can see it being done in suburbia - but it seems unnecessary in a dense urban area.

Offhand though, I can't think of any suburban stations where there've done this - not even new ones. Is there an example? I went past Mount Dennis the other day, and I didn't see anything there.
This is a program that's specifically being done for the new subway stations, however no renderings outside of the Ontario Line have been released yet.

This is a program that's specifically being done for the new subway stations, however no renderings outside of the Ontario Line have been released yet.
They do however have a separate TOC/TOD program for the GO stations.

May I suggest go to Urban Toronto's map and zoom in along Eglinton Avenue, east and west, to see the current and per-developement projects.

See link.

May I suggest go to Urban Toronto's map and zoom in along Eglinton Avenue, east and west, to see the current and per-developement projects.

See link.
Ah interesting - I hadn't realized that Metrolinx was behind any of those!

Though you seem the same thing along Sheppard East where they'd promised the LRT.

Ah interesting - I hadn't realized that Metrolinx was behind any of those!

Though you seem the same thing along Sheppard East where they'd promised the LRT.
Many current "bus routes" are seeing higher-density construction, replacing parking lots and single-story, single-use buildings. Also reason for the need for more rapid transit routes ALL over the city, including the downtown (Ontario Line), and suburbs (Jane LRT, Sheppard East LRT, Eglinton East LRT).

No examples yet. The Ontario line is the first project that will be using IO in this fashion. Like I said, the Crosstown was a big missed opportunity for a similar program, hence why you didn't see anything at Mount Dennis.

there is an example with actual plans for Mimico GO using the process, as well as East Harbour GO - though no subway stations yet.

Back