News   Mar 28, 2024
 275     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 327     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 685     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

What's the point in updating them? It's not like the TR's will ever run on them.

And yes, the updates would be a waste of money.
Agreed,
There's no point in doing stuff that won't serve any purpose. Hopefully they will use led monitor screens with graphics for future proofing
QOL thing. TRs will never run on Line 3, however if you ride a TR on Line 2, the LEDs for Line 3 will light up at Kennedy indicated that the stations are available at the transfer point. Same thing with Line 5, passing by Eglinton, Cedarvale, or Kennedy would light up all Line 5 stations indicating which are available to reach if you transfer at this station. Is it the most necessary feature? Probably not, but since its a pretty nifty QOL addition that was introduced with the TRs, it would be a shame to see it effectively neutered.

Last edited:
^In that case sure to let the TTC know how they can find the cheapest way to go about upgrading the boards. Since it's simple, easy and cheap apparently.

Final Part

Part 6: East Side of Cedarvale station (June 25, 2021):

IMG_0841.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0843.jpg
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0845.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

I presume Alstom won't be involved as they're only changing the printed overlay.
TTC did pay BBD money for them to upgrade the trains to say Sheppard West instead of Downsview.

The TTC says the name change will cost approximately $800,000. About $600,000 of that will be used to reprogram the announcement system to include the Sheppard West station and the five other new stations that will make up the Line 1 expansion.
It might cost $600k plus inflation just to rename Eglinton West to Cedarvale!

TTC did pay BBD money for them to upgrade the trains to say Sheppard West instead of Downsview.

It might cost $600k plus inflation just to rename Eglinton West to Cedarvale!
What the hell...what exotic program do they need that a simple retyping of the station name can't do? Don't tell me overpaid techs need to phyically
plug into every single car manually and then exhaustively test. No wonder there's no money for transit... simple things get super inflated 100x just because it's a govt deal. :mad:

Last edited:
What the hell...what exotic program do they need that a simple retyping of the station name can't do? Don't tell me overpaid techs need to phyically
plug into every single car manually and then exhaustively test. No wonder there's no money for transit... simple things get super inflated 100x just because it's a govt deal. :mad:
And there's part of the reason I say updating the map boards arent as "easy" and "cheap" as what people are making it out to be.

And there's part of the reason I say updating the map boards arent as "easy" and "cheap" as what people are making it out to be.
Last name change of a metro station in Montréal cost a bit less than 100k$. Included sound upgrades, new transit maps for bus stops and metro stations plus inside vehicles, and new printed mini maps.

Back