News   Apr 23, 2024
 803     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 418     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

As a Scarborough resident, we need more east/west transit lines in Scarborough. Sheppard East and a EELRT

Yeah I understand serving the gap between STC and Kennedy, but at that price tag we could've gotten the EELRT & an LRT or the SRT corridor if I'm not mistaken
I think its a matter of when. Costs have grown so much over the past decade that its hard to do a proper comparison. Had we started building EELRT, Sheppard East, and the SLRT today, it would've been FAR more expensive than SSE, and had we started building SSE a decade ago, it would've been far cheaper than it is today.

As a Scarborough resident, we need more east/west transit lines in Scarborough. Sheppard East and a EELRT

Yeah I understand serving the gap between STC and Kennedy, but at that price tag we could've gotten the EELRT & an LRT or the SRT corridor if I'm not mistaken
What’s wrong with buses which do it for way less money. Or are you too good for a bus.

What’s wrong with buses which do it for way less money. Or are you too good for a bus.
Busses where?

That's all the majority of scarb has to rely on are busses. It's pretty hard to commute cross town and the majority of your commute is on bus, then add in snow/winter time.

Why would we need trains newhere if that's your logic then, I'm confused by your question or am I missing something.

That's interesting. I was going to say more north/south transit. Even with the Subway, that's only McCowan. Warden, Kennedy, Markham Rd still need support.

Thankfully, he has exactly zero political prospects beyond his current Council seat. At least for long enough that the Scarborough subway becomes a fait accompli.
He'll be the next mayor.

Although it's hilarious to think about. I actually don't think there's a chance that holes will be filled back up. Every party is in support of the Scarborough Subway. (except for Josh Matlow) and they have come to an agreement that Scarborough has been abandoned; their reparations will be a subway 🤣 .

Although I wished for an LRT from the start for conversion, things are happening to better serve Scarborough, and it needs to be built now. So I don't know why some councillors want to stop these improvements. We can't just be arguing all the time. A subway will be miles better than what we have currently.

Josh Marlow is technically not a party.

And just how do you know that? Has he announced he running? Hints?

I think that was a joke. Matlow faced opposition in his own riding. IMO, little chance for him to win enough support in the whole city. Scarborough certainly won't love him, and that's basically -20%. Etobicoke and North York, maybe not as negative as Scarborough, but another sensible/centrist candidate will probably beat him there as well.

Yes, likely with a decent amount leftover.

The province missed a golden opportunity with it's current plans.

This project is touch on in next week's report to Executive Ctte on major transit expansion projects.

Report here: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.EX25.5

From the report:

1624889220263.png

1624889236300.png

^
Where are you getting 8 years from and when does the timeline start? Last week's announcement?

Apologies if it's out there already and I'm missing it. I assume 8 years is for everything? If only looking at the TBM dig time I assume it's much less (but obviously the 'all in' timeline is what you're referring to).

Back