Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Very cool, @globalexpress, thank you!

It is neat to see the pedestrian path under the bridge too.
You are welcome. One is able to kayak underneath the bridge up to the log dam near the current lift bridge and turn around. On weekdays during construction it is of course not permissable. Was cool to see the underside and mounting pads.

Last edited:
Photos of the 1961 built, decommissioned 300-ton Atlas crane taken from my kayak in Polson slip. Designated a heritage structure, this cane will become a fixture in the future Promontory Park. It really is a behemoth when viewed from this perspective !

_1200180.jpg

_1200187.jpg

_1200194 (1).jpg

_1200192.jpg

Last edited:
Photos of the 1961 built, decommissioned 300-ton Atlas crane taken from my kayak in Polson slip. Designated a heritage structure, this cane will become a fixture in the future Promontory Park. It really is a behemoth when viewed from this perspective !

View attachment 322057

View attachment 322058

View attachment 322059

View attachment 322060
I can see the teenyboppers and teenagers having fun climbing it. Unfortunately, the busybodies and lawyers will say "NO!"

Noticed what I think is original font on the north cement leg base of the 300-ton Atlas crane (correct me if I am mistaken please). Too bad the wooden (outhouse-like) shack blocks the first two numbers. Shot from my balcony in the Distillery District at 600mm (and seriously cropped in the first image). It reads "The Toronto Harbour Commissioners E L Cousins Docks 300 ton crane".

_MG_9094 (1).jpg

_MG_9094.jpg

Last edited:

Back