Toronto home: Power and Adelaide | 78.33m | 22s | Great Gulf | Core Architects

From yesterday

BC944F06-D094-48B5-8FA9-0A1E854C8EED.jpeg

I was hoping this would look better as it progresses. Alas, it looks worse.

Interesting; I'm actually pretty happy with it. The precast sections are of a pretty good quality and attract the eye to them and away from the window wall, which itself is relatively unfussy and free from egregious spandrel overuse, and they're filling it in with curtainwall. The massing is a mess still, sure, but that ship of course sailed long ago.

Interesting; I'm actually pretty happy with it. The precast sections are of a pretty good quality and attract the eye to them and away from the window wall, which itself is relatively unfussy and free from egregious spandrel overuse, and they're filling it in with curtainwall. The massing is a mess still, sure, but that ship of course sailed long ago.
I agree with you ADRM...my thoughts overall on the building:

The pros:
- large vertical glass panes (i.e. not vertically broken into too many vertical pieces other than the portions where the window open or the top section)
- the balcony glass looks clean and starting to bring the overall look and feel together
- the white vertical accents take the eyes away from the spandrel
- The floor to ceiling window walls (i.e the transition between the floors is minimal) which makes the transitions between floors look cleaner

The cons
- the overall massing
- more spandrel that I would like
- maybe jumping the gun on this one but feel the window wall above the white vertical line balcony section will look less clean

Here's to hoping the mechanical will look clean *fingers crossed*

Summerhill Market is probably the most overpriced grocery store in Toronto. I don't think it will do well in that area.

Agreed! That's why I think Fiesta Farms is the best choice! ;-)
I've never been to Fiesta Farms, so I don't know about their prices or selection. But Summerhill Market - almost $16 for a shrink-wrapped chow mein that you can get freshly cooked for half the price at the neighborhood Chinese restaurant! Maybe OK for Rosedale residents, but on Parliament? I don't think so.

I've never been to Fiesta Farms, so I don't know about their prices or selection. But Summerhill Market - almost $16 for a shrink-wrapped chow mein that you can get freshly cooked for half the price at the neighborhood Chinese restaurant! Maybe OK for Rosedale residents, but on Parliament? I don't think so.
You'd love Fiesta Farms. In my opinion, it's way better than Whole Foods or Loblaws.

LOL; Summerhill has its place.

But as with any 'gourmet' or 'luxury' store, the things to buy there are those that are exclusive to that store or type of store, that you can't get cheaper elsewhere; the indulgent luxury, not the staple.

Perhaps we should return this thread to its core subject now! LOL There are threads dedicated to downtown grocery.

Back