News   Apr 19, 2024
 58     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 450     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 788     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

LCBO in Manulife is going to open in the enlarged ground floor space where William Ashley used to be!
I'm glad they're expanding that. I had assumed they would merge the old Rexall spot though. Makes for one less reason for foot traffic to enter into the mall however. I'm curious if the subway-adjacent HBC location will be eliminated with a much larger store nearby. It's great for the subway-riders, but far too small and with very limited selection.

LCBO in Manulife is going to open in the enlarged ground floor space where William Ashley used to be!
Oh wow. Yes, I thought they were going to take over the rexall space possibly. They had already significantly expanded their location in the basement once before when they merged in their vintages section from elsewhere in the mall. I guess they are going to capitalize on street frontage and proximity to Eataly. Still, their current location was easily accessible to the university students and people doing their grocery shopping at City Market (I still think of this as Valumart).
What will take over their current space and the rexall then???

Still unconfirmed on who it is, but the space of the former Gap store at the NE corner of Bay & Bloor has reportedly been leased.

Referenced in this article:

More Forever 21 locations for Canada will be coming and it’s not yet certain how many YM will open this year. Getting new shipments of product is said to be a challenge which means that the new store rollout may be delayed in some markets.

Sources told Retail Insider in the winter that YM had been in negotiations to lease the former 17,000 square foot Gap store space at 60 Bloor Street West (corner of Bay Street) in Toronto and the deal is said to have ultimately not been signed. Another major retailer is said to have secured the lease for that space.

Still unconfirmed on who it is, but the space of the former Gap store at the NE corner of Bay & Bloor has reportedly been leased.

Referenced in this article:

Not quite sure who this could be other than Uniqlo or Zara (Morguard is their landlord already - would make sense to move them to the corner).

Would Zara bother moving just down the block from their current location?
If they wanted more space and their landlord incentivized them. Morguard owns both buildings and may have wanted to consolidate the Zara space with the old Fossil space (as an example).

This is coming to the Manulife center.
FB49FAA7-7B75-46B6-8F7E-1DA0A39B700E.jpeg

The original location of "Dessert Lady" at 12 Cumberland Street will be closing on June 6th. Their business operations will continue at the recently opened location at 1 Sultan Street (just east of St. Thomas, south of Bloor).

The original location of "Dessert Lady" at 12 Cumberland Street will be closing on June 6th. Their business operations will continue at the recently opened location at 1 Sultan Street (just east of St. Thomas, south of Bloor).

I love their Sultan St. location, in that beautifully-restored building at the corner of St. Thomas; I'm looking forward to going back soon. Good food and a very pleasant and quiet place to sit and relax.

Back