News   Apr 16, 2024
 57     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Did the annual pilgrimage to the garden centre. Sparsely stocked and expensive but that is where we are in this new age. I don't think we will be in the clear until the late fall at the earliest. I miss swimming and shopping and restaurants, maybe I should take up golf?
I miss motorcycling with my friends. I can go solo without fear of the OPP but it’s the group ride and lunch stop that I enjoy most.

I miss motorcycling with my friends. I can go solo without fear of the OPP but it’s the group ride and lunch stop that I enjoy most.

The Hells Angels still do a group ride in Scarborough via the 401 every weekend. The OPP and TPS do not prevent it.

You should be fine.

RelativeSizeofParticles-Infographic-1920px_v8.jpg

From link. The coronavirus is 0.1 - 0.8 microns, μm in size.

Ontario is reporting 2,716 cases of #COVID19 and nearly 27,200 tests completed.

Here is to hoping the numbers start coming down with more vaccinations. With that in mind..

What is the threshold where we move onto second doses? I doubt we will get 100% vaccination with all the anti vaxxers and the like but there has to be a point where we just move on to the second shots be it 85% or 95%.

G & M reports on report from the Army medics. Naturally no comment from the invisible Minister of Long Term Care - presumably because it's all the NDP's fault.

Patients died from neglect, not COVID-19, in Ontario LTC homes, military report finds: ‘All they needed was water and a wipe down’​

See: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...eport-documents-deplorable-conditions-at-two/ Behind pay wall.
I wonder how these two LTCs did in the MOLTC's "phone inspection"?

AoD

Here is to hoping the numbers start coming down with more vaccinations. With that in mind..

What is the threshold where we move onto second doses? I doubt we will get 100% vaccination with all the anti vaxxers and the like but there has to be a point where we just move on to the second shots be it 85% or 95%.
When they have more supply than the demand for first time vaccinations. It needs to be opened up to first time doses for all 18+ Ontarians, which has not happened yet.

When they have more supply than the demand for first time vaccinations. It needs to be opened up to first time doses for all 18+ Ontarians, which has not happened yet.
Though I do believe that is scheduled to happen at the end of this month.

Italian woman accidentally given six shots of Covid-19 vaccine

From link.

A 23-year-old woman who was mistakenly given six doses of the Pfizer BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine has been discharged from the hospital where she was being monitored for any adverse reaction.

The woman was administered the vaccine at the Noa hospital in Tuscany, central Italy, on Sunday, hospital spokeswoman Daniella Gianelli told CNN on Monday.

The patient, who is in "good health" with no underlying conditions, was kept in the hospital under strict observation for 24 hours and discharged Monday, Gianelli said.

A health worker accidentally filled a syringe with an entire bottle of the vaccine, containing a total of six doses, and only realized her mistake shortly after the shot was administered.
"She saw five empty syringes and realized her mistake," Gianelli said.
Doctors will continue to monitor the patient's immune response to the "massive dose of vaccine," the spokeswoman said.

The patient was entitled to get the vaccine before other people in her age group because she is an intern in the hospital's psychology department, she added.

An internal investigation has been opened, said Gianelli, who added that it was "maybe just human error, definitively not on purpose."

At the beginning of April, the Italian government passed a decree making vaccination mandatory for all healthcare and pharmacy workers, with the aim of protecting medical staff, patients and vulnerable people.

Healthcare workers who refuse the vaccine will be reassigned where possible to roles where they are not in contact with patients. Where that is not an option they now face being suspended without pay.

It remains unclear whether the decree is constitutional, and many believe future legal cases on the vaccines are likely.

After months of recording some of the highest infection rates in Europe, Italy is seeing a reduction of Covid-19 figures.

Back