Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Since I believe this is the 1st week of the stay at home lockdown, it maybe 5 more weeks before we see any activity in these construction sectors. Thus we get to twiddle our thumbs while trolling the UT forums in our boredom in he meantime...

...err, just kidding about the last bit, Mr. 42. >.<

Apr 18, 2021

9BF33067-FEFC-45CE-AC89-9ADC02785258_1_201_a.jpeg

81A2E95E-B801-49E8-8174-52A539AC0E1F_1_201_a.jpeg

145972CB-316B-4C34-A1B6-3D2F3BFF1594_1_201_a.jpeg

23FF2751-117F-4990-A033-42FBC8DFE422_1_201_a.jpeg

0764F245-874E-4AF1-9168-9EA7219F6F59_1_201_a.jpeg

A905E1E3-826C-49CF-8D43-B3D5EA7E5DE6_1_201_a.jpeg

That's becoming standard. Any activities that considered "high risk" are listed on the board so that all trades are aware of them. Also covers the GC, so that they can say that they are in fact tracking all high risk activities on site and have a point person responsible for each. So if the sub fails to identify their activity as high risk the sub takes the liability, and if the sub identifies the work as high risk the sub takes the liability since they were aware they were carrying out a high risk activity and should have prepared accordingly. But because of how safety is treated nearly every activity is considered high risk.

Working at heights? High risk. Hoisting and rigging? High risk. Traffic control? High risk. Hot work? High risk. Energized systems? High risk. Any kind of heavy equipment? High risk.

looks like were going to have to get used to the progress being just this for a little while - they managed to do a lot in their short time back

That's becoming standard. Any activities that considered "high risk" are listed on the board so that all trades are aware of them. Also covers the GC, so that they can say that they are in fact tracking all high risk activities on site and have a point person responsible for each. So if the sub fails to identify their activity as high risk the sub takes the liability, and if the sub identifies the work as high risk the sub takes the liability since they were aware they were carrying out a high risk activity and should have prepared accordingly. But because of how safety is treated nearly every activity is considered high risk.

Working at heights? High risk. Hoisting and rigging? High risk. Traffic control? High risk. Hot work? High risk. Energized systems? High risk. Any kind of heavy equipment? High risk.
...and let me guess: Standing next each other less than 2 metres apart? High risk.

Thanks for explaining that though! /bows

Last edited:
Was driving by on the Gardiner this morning and you could see the very top of the scaffolding. the tips and just a bit of the black. Unfortunately I was driving so no photo, but it will definitely make its mark driving through once it starts rising again. Can't wait.

All because of a virus that 1 in 300 people have at any one time based on a 5000 case per day average...oy gavalt! Vote Ford out.
I think the other parties would have been even nuttier lockdown loons...

Anyway, back on topic. Do workers on these shuttered projects get reassigned to active sites?

Last edited:
Maybe they don't use condoms? LOL

This made me laugh......then I actually read what was on the board.......

1619269833840.png

If there's a risk of combustion (explosion) around an erection.......prophylactics may be advised.

** for those who don't know the term........CAZ it has a couple different meanings..........but it is sometimes used to stand for : Combustion Appliance Zone

...and goes without saying: Doing the *nasty on site? High risk.

*Note: Also make sure you've got your Zoom feed turned off. >.<

Back