News   Apr 26, 2024
 522     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 210     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 690     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Ziggy, are we on floor 40? -- I've lost track......

They raised the forms this morning? That would mean they're on the 41st floor now. The core narrowing was the 40th.

I may have to divest myself of my floor-counting duties as I can't see the top of the core on the webcam anymore.

Where in the photo does it show the building narrowing? The photos before presented the building as uniform and of similiar width...

However, you are right with the narrowing. If you look at the top of the building where the wooden scaffolding is, they have removed one section. This would suggest they are going to install the scaffolding closer to the centre...

Where in the photo does it show the building narrowing? The photos before presented the building as uniform and of similiar width...

However, you are right with the narrowing. If you look at the top of the building where the wooden scaffolding is, they have removed one section. This would suggest they are going to install the scaffolding closer to the centre...

The envelope of the building doesn't narrow only the core does as not all elevators run to the top floors.

A couple pictures from Doors Open.

2537234630_c0725f3540_o.jpg

2536416147_c9a6e6c3d5_o.jpg

And this last one just because I like the shot.

2529950773_ae2e3a8f2d_o.jpg

Boy, First Canadian Place looks terrible. Weren't they supposed to be replacing the marble by now? Hmm, wrong thread...

The contrast in that image is so dramatic one is tempted to assume that it has been enhanced. In any case, it does show that the panels are gradually being replaced.

...with more marble. There was news at one point of a wholesale replacement regime to start with white granite, like Chicago's AON Centre got.

The contrast in that image is so dramatic one is tempted to assume that it has been enhanced. In any case, it does show that the panels are gradually being replaced.

My polarizer seemed to really enhance its ugliness. Also I did a pass with the curve editor while processing the shot, but I assure you FCP was that noticeably bad up close.

The contrast of new marble and old looks disasterous. In fact, from the Expressway it looks embarrassing. For a bank to showcase its signature logo on such a dirty marble building, what does that say for branding? This should be a top priority to fix - clean - or redo the marble.

Money is the only reason I'm assuming this has not happened sooner.

Back