Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Second shoring rig a bit further south:

77BF8076-AD81-4E25-97EE-19ECCD21CA6D.jpeg
B3AAB017-4340-4177-9671-6EC542419AB2.jpeg

^ Is it likely those trees close to the fence will have to go?
The trees inside of the fence will go 100%. The trees on the other side of the fence is questionable, but a number of branch's will have to be cut back or cut at the tree itself.

Looking at the new trees that have been planted, but not at the 3 to one ratio for removing trees to say the trees outside the corridor are going, but time will tell us down the road.

I hadn't seen these renderings of the Dupont pedestrian bridge before, from gh3's website. Apologies, I can't remember – was this the actual plan, or just their proposal?

View attachment 305734

I assume that spiral ramp is for pedestrians to cross over the CP tracks on an extension of the West Toronto Rail Path that's a path slung off the side of the rail overpass, but I'm surprised they wouldn't just punch the trail under the CP tracks. The ramps could be a lot shorter because you don't need nearly the same vertical clearance for cyclists and pedestrians as you do for trains. Ah well, that's probably considered too costly to negotiate with CP for mere pedestrian traffic. :-(

Edit: Lol, wrong rail line, the WTRP doesn't go there. So there's no path at all alongside the Barrie line, so what in the world are those ramps even for? Are they planning to add a path there when all is said and done?

Last edited:
I assume that spiral ramp is for pedestrians to cross over the CP tracks on an extension of the West Toronto Rail Path that's a path slung off the side of the rail overpass, but I'm surprised they wouldn't just punch the trail under the CP tracks. The ramps could be a lot shorter because you don't need nearly the same vertical clearance for cyclists and pedestrians as you do for trains. Ah well, that's probably considered too costly to negotiate with CP for mere pedestrian traffic. :-(

Edit: Lol, wrong rail line, the WTRP doesn't go there. So there's no path at all alongside the Barrie line, so what in the world are those ramps even for? Are they planning to add a path there when all is said and done?

They are indeed adding a path along the Barrie Line

1615904942699.png

^ Will be a good connect to the Bloor St W bike lanes. I can't remember if they are now permanent in that location?

I would also love to see it extended north all the way to Eglinton and connected to the Beltline Trail as well as the Crosstown/GO station there and the Eglinton Connects bikelanes
That would be amazing. Though I wonder if the current double-tracking exercise would leave room for it. So much potential with this.

That would be amazing. Though I wonder if the current double-tracking exercise would leave room for it. So much potential with this.

There are hydro towers along that section of the corridor.

I wonder if a bike path can be routed around and underneath them in such a way where a train track could not go.

Reactions: vic
If they lived in the country, they'll complain about the rooster crowing in the morning, cattle mooing, pigs grunting, birds chirping, and lighting thundering. Having problems with your sewer backing up? They'll make noise breaking up the pavement to get down to fix it. Living next door to a school? They'll complain about the loud kids playing.

Last edited:

Back