News   Apr 26, 2024
 304     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 291     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 483     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Last edited:
Huge indictment of O'Toole's leadership that he's dropping in the polls during a botched vaccine rollout.

Not sure I would say the vaccine roll-out has been "botched". The Feds assumed responsibility for looking after procurement and put in orders for many different vaccines and most are now being produced in huge numbers so our orders are being filled. Of course, it would have been better if there had been a vaccine manufacturer IN Canada but that ship (or plant) sailed decades ago and it's a bit hard to pin it on the current government. If they had (miraculously) had millions of doses of vaccine to distribute in late 2020 I think it's safe to say the Provinces would not have been ready to cope. I await with some trepidation to see how Mr Ford and our General manage even after lots of extra weeks of preparation time - as the booking system is not yet ready I am a bit worried!

The booking system seems to depend on each local health unit. It's confusing, I've tried to help a couple of seniors in different health units use it. It's not consistent, some are easier to use than others.

The booking system seems to depend on each local health unit. It's confusing, I've tried to help a couple of seniors in different health units use it. It's not consistent, some are easier to use than others.
They can use their own if they have them, but once the provincial one is ready (it isn't yet), they will have to adopt the provincial one.

I see you, NDP. Imaging the CPC dropping so much that they were third party after an election.
Not likely. They will still win vast swaths of the prairies and rural Ontario. NDP's vote is very inefficient as it is mostly stacked up in dense urban ridings and union bastions.

Sweet isn’t running again. He had to resign from his position as Chair of the ethics committee. He’s just trying to go out with a bang.

Back