Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

I suppose when Spadina more fully builds out they'll reduce the lanes from 6 to 4, then double the width of the sidewalk. Waited 20 years for it. What's another 10.
Whoa, hold your horses! The sidewalk is obviously phase two. Widening the sidewalk will invariably take another 20 years after the lanes are reduced lol

Am I the only one who feels irrationally triggered whenever there’s a break in a building’s symmetry like this?

(📷: @ADRM )

8BFAA4A9-0F83-4705-8711-1BA39A7D2751.jpeg

Last edited:
If something is noticeable, it does trigger me but something this minute in the pic above doesn't bother me.

Am I the only one who feels irrationally triggered whenever there’s a break in a building’s symmetry like this?

(📷: @ADRM )

View attachment 310460
I always felt like the cross bracing being at different angles looked off, making it obvious that the structural expressionism is fake. A minor criticism in the grand scheme of things, but still noticeable.

Does that grand entrance at the bottom pics eventually lead into that mall way when all is built and done?

Loving the terra cotta fins, the canopy and the brick choice. I think when all is said and done, the green glass will be subdued by the other details
4 gross green towers are what most people will see in the skyline who are not in the immediate area. The podium details will only been seen if you are on front street.

4 gross green towers are what most people will see in the skyline who are not in the immediate area. The podium details will only been seen if you are on front street.

I obviously can't speak on the residential towers yet, but if you genuinely think the office tower looks "gross" then there's no pleasing you ever

Back