News   Apr 19, 2024
 450     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.5K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

just noticed how the offload spur is not really efficiently constructed.. they have to back the train in move the ramp in, pull the LRV off, move the ramp off then push it in the actual yard tracks and finally retrieve the car.
Wouldnt it have been more easier to have the spur configured so that the green ramp is on the other side so they can back the car in and move the LRV off without having to go through this zig zag zig zag process?

Safety, a heavy rail runaway can't enter the yard and a runaway LRV can't coast on to the mainline.

Forest Hill station on April 5, 2021:

Southwest corner:
IMG_0155.jpeg
IMG_0157.jpeg

Front side of the secondary entrance on the northwest corner:
IMG_0156.jpeg

It's looking at this point even 2022 is a stretch to being opened up and running?
With the exception of Eglinton-Yonge Station (a major exception!), I think everything can be up and running by some point in 2022. If MX doesn't want this line running until E-Y Station is operational, we might have to wait until 2023.

Had a quick look at a few areas todays and photos will follow when I find time to do the ones before them.

Mount Dennis station still missing window. The platform are about 75% complete with UPX platform at the north end. Railing has to be place on the west side of the west platform. Steel beam used to support the west platform.

A number of drill crews to the west of Weston Rd with on being remove. A large crew and drill where the portal is to go on onto the Eglinton Flat.

None of the guild from Mount Dennis Station to the Portal have railing yet even for the portal.

Keelesdale Station is in the clean up stage and the exterior work finish before the summer.

Caledonia is missing the west entrance and it could be finish before the summer. Still have to work on the east side of the Barrie Line for the bridge support to the station.

Image Dump of the stations from Don Mills-Kennedy

Science Centre (no update from last time and forgot pictures of bus terminal but works going well)
IMG-3912.jpg

IMG-3916.jpg

Aga Khan (no update)
IMG-3918.jpg

IMG-3920.jpg

IMG-3921.jpg

Wynford (prep for new crosswalk/traffic signal for station access)
IMG-3997.jpg

IMG-3998.jpg

Sloane (dot matrix displays installed)
IMG-4002.jpg

IMG-4005.jpg

O'Connor (dot matrix displays installed. Fun fact! From what i can tell, this'll be the only stop where you can access it from two different intersections, Victoria Park Avenue and Eglinton Square!)
IMG-4007.jpg

IMG-4009.jpg

IMG-4010.jpg

Pharmacy (no major update other than curb reconstruction and median island)
IMG-4014.jpg

Hakimi-Lebovic (not much of interest)
IMG-4015.jpg

IMG-4017.jpg

Continued on next post...

Golden Mile (again, nothing of interest other than median island and curb works)
IMG-4018.jpg

IMG-4019.jpg

Birchmount (sorry, no picture but looks like Ionview from what i saw.)

Ionview (nothing of interest...)
unnamed.jpg

Kennedy GO (Looks really good actually, no shots of the LRT station unfortunately)

IMG-4061.jpg

IMG-4060.jpg

Guideways and OCS poles and cables are fully finished. Sidewalks are fully finished, and nicely wide! Don Mills-DVP roadway is nicely and smooth paved. Overall, construction is fine, but surprisingly slower than what it should be. and sloane is looking to be the farthest advanced even though it was actually built last. I was in a bit of a rush so not all stops were taken pictures of perfectly but honestly there's not much of interest. They're all not where they should be and it's likely that everything on the surface section will actually be done by the end of the summer. But one can hope for it to be done before then.

Last edited:
Rail update.

So, surface section testing will begin later this Spring. Obviously trains from the EMSF can't get to the other side of the line since the central section of the line is still further behind. I wonder what methods they'll use to get the trains onto the tracks in the surface section.

Kennedy is progressing remarkably well. I don't think the station will be operational this year BUT at least we will be back to normal on the surface this year.
I doubt it will be operational until December of 2022 with the way things are going with Eglington. Until Metrolinx show, there are tracks laid in Eglington West station (not using their sully name for it) and Eglinton and Younge I won't believe any opening date they give.

So, surface section testing will begin later this Spring. Obviously trains from the EMSF can't get to the other side of the line since the central section of the line is still further behind. I wonder what methods they'll use to get the trains onto the tracks in the surface section.
If they can just install the tracks through the central section, they could just tow them there. It doesn’t make sense to load them on trucks.

We had a quick look at the east end today as I couldn't get the shots I wanted.

Tower crane in the process of being remove so no shots from the overpass.

A number of area missing rail and most likely due to have cable install.

I will say off had 80% of the OS in place as well track. Lots of work taking place on the station and don't think any stations is 100% complete. 4 x 4 poles being place with orange on the top haft with the black T on it and the rest black.

The wrapping of the rail is odd with some material grey while the rest is black. Some have tape around the rail like TTC does while some have wire. Until I have a closer look and some shots, can't say what going one..

Any testing on the surface will be close to June or July or depending when cars can get to the open area. No cars will be shipped by truck to the east end to do testing as far as I know.

Curbs being reinstall where they used to be.

Back