Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Saturday, March 27 - New crane being installed today at The Well. Very tight placement - close to a couple of the already built sections of the residential towers as well as a couple of other cranes.

20210327_124703.jpg

Final post of the day - the new crane as seen from Front Street. First time seeing a crane tethered like this - obviously due to the proximity of the neighbouring structures.

On an unrelated side note - this image was taken as my wife and I were returning from the Toronto Convention Centre for our Covid-19 vaccination shots. The entire process worked incredibly well - we were able to register shortly after 8 AM when the Ontario Government web site opened up for the 70 plus cohort (I had tried a few minutes before 8:00 to see if it had been enabled early - but no such luck). We were able to get a same day appointment, for later in the afternoon. The entire on site process at the Convention Centre was very smooth, well organized and well staffed. We were in and out, including the several stages of check-in and the15 minute post vaccination wait period, in half an hour.

20210327_175343.jpg

Attachments

• 20210327_160338.jpg
    20210327_160338.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 118
Final post of the day - the new crane as seen from Front Street. First time seeing a crane tethered like this - obviously due to the proximity of the neighbouring structures.

On an unrelated side note - this image was taken as my wife and I were returning from the Toronto Convention Centre for our Covid-19 vaccination shots. The entire process worked incredibly well - we were able to register shortly after 8 AM when the Ontario Government web site opened up for the 70 plus cohort (I had tried a few minutes before 8:00 to see if it had been enabled early - but no such luck). We were able to get a same day appointment, for later in the afternoon. The entire on site process at the Convention Centre was very smooth, well organized and well staffed. We were in and out, including the several stages of check-in and the15 minute post vaccination wait period, in half an hour.

View attachment 308435
I had my shot at the Convention Centre (last Wednesday) and it too was VERY smooth and speedy - with only very minor after effect (sore arm) for 36 hours.

I don't think green and red are good complimentary colours--too jarring.
I'm not sure if you're referring to just the particular colours used here, but in colour theory, red and green are perfect complementary colours. Just like blue and orange, or anything on opposite sides of the colour wheel.

Reactions: xy3
I'm not sure if you're referring to just the particular colours used here, but in colour theory, red and green are perfect complementary colours. Just like blue and orange, or anything on opposite sides of the colour wheel.
They look fine here.

In other cases, the key word is "theory."

In reality, those two often looking jarring together.

Just look at this monstrosity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Belarus.svg ;)

They look fine here.

In other cases, the key word is "theory."

In reality, those two often looking jarring together.

Just look at this monstrosity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Belarus.svg ;)
The green here is a by product of cheaper glass...and wasn't really supposed to be there in the first place, at least conceptually.

While green and red can compliment each other under certain *conditions, I'm not sure this is one of them. As the watery hue of the green here is not very pleasant one to begin with, IMO.

*Note: I find tea green and blood red sorta work together.

Back