Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Koops65,
if your models were any better I might mistake them for the real thing... It would be a shame for the city not to allow the height increase and you would have to adjust your model. Thanks for all your efforts in depicting the future!
You're quite welcome!

So it appears at some point they've removed those 4 banana yellow support thingies that where holding up where the diagonal columns connected under the main ceiling.

This may have been noted a few pages back...and as per usual, I completely missed that. But I am noting it now, for good or bad... >.<

So it appears at some point they've removed those 4 banana yellow support thingies that where holding up where the diagonal columns connected under the main ceiling.

This may have been noted a few pages back...and as per usual, I completely missed that. But I am noting it now, for good or bad... >.<
Hey @UtakataNoAnnex (and anyone else who is wondering), those yellow thingies are called shoring posts. Just like shoring walls are temporary supports for holding back the earth around an excavation, shoring posts are temporary supports for holding such things as a concrete slab until it has sufficiently cured.

Today.
EB41BC1B-AC7D-4242-87FF-2C24E362CD84.jpeg
ABDCCE2E-B125-45C2-BDE0-CAFAF9DC351C.jpeg
006BAC1E-498C-4DAD-BB02-3860F33B16B8.jpeg
9A11C287-14F7-4355-8EB5-D398381E14AB.jpeg
2E641316-89E5-4CC0-A7BE-ADF7727079AD.jpeg
F01F9174-A5F1-451C-A9D5-1AA654EC2705.jpeg
6A5FE954-F2A0-4EFE-AF6E-B11A966BE78A.jpeg
9C3873E9-7F5D-4D6A-AC84-EDDD55B757DE.jpeg

Hey @UtakataNoAnnex (and anyone else who is wondering), those yellow thingies are called shoring posts. Just like shoring walls are temporary supports for holding back the earth around an excavation, shoring posts are temporary supports for holding such things as a concrete slab until it has sufficiently cured.

Banana yellow support thingies is more descriptive though... >.>

...but thanks for letting us know and explaining that to us. /bows

Any hints on when the next pour is going to be? Looks about ready
Someone mentioned it a couple of pages back. But it looks like the hanger pieces from the corners to the super-column are required before they can pour the next level.

They've kept the forms away from the corners of the lower level, which we suspect is to allow for the installation of the hangers.

One Bloor East dominates the view east from Bloor West Village, particularly around dawn, and I cannot wait for this One to rise in front of it.

Here it was this morning. Unfortunately, it can be hard to capture the effect well since I use my phone instead of a camera with a zoom:

PXL_20210325_105014961.MP-01-01.jpeg

Incidentally, this is also my thousandth post. It is nice to finally earn my promotion to a senior member. It only took me seven years...

One Bloor East dominates the view east from Bloor West Village, particularly around dawn, and I cannot wait for this One to rise in front of it.

Here it was this morning. Unfortunately, it can be hard to capture the effect well since I use my phone instead of a camera with a zoom:

View attachment 307926

Incidentally, this is also my thousandth post. It is nice to finally earn my promotion to a senior member. It only took me seven years...
Congratulations!

You also have quite a like to post ratio.

I have a rather low like to post ratio.

Back