IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0048.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg

Northeast corner:

IMG_0050.jpg

Southwest corner:

IMG_0051.jpg

I thought they are support pipes???

That's what they looked like to my inexpert eye also. Just there during construction to reinforce the temporary side walls. Once the concrete has been poured, they won't be needed, and I presume they will be removed.

- Paul

Most of them you see are supports to hold back the wall while the cavern was hollow. Once the floors and walls are set those support pipes will be removed.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, you ask questions to learn and your response has taught me something i didn't know

Two pics included.

The key quote I got out of the article

"And thanks to the hard work of the construction crews, Eglinton Crosstown LRT riders will have both when the project opens late next year."

I guess it wont open up prior to the 2022 Provincial Elections. Seems like they are aiming for September 2022 but mentioned late in case its a month or two more... Anybody got any thoughts on this?

I thought the last we heard in October 2020 was they'd open the full line except for Eglinton station in March 2022, and open the new platforms in May 2022, and the connections from Line 5 to Line 1 in September 2022.

When did it slip?

I thought the last we heard in October 2020 was they'd open the full line except for Eglinton station in March 2022, and open the new platforms in May 2022, and the connections from Line 5 to Line 1 in September 2022.

When did it slip?
That was never happening as Crosslinx only floated it publicly without Metrolinx agreeing to it. Metrolinx subsequently declared it to be unacceptable: https://www.cp24.com/news/crosslinx...n-crosstown-lrt-without-key-station-1.5129751

That was never happening as Crosslinx only floated it publicly without Metrolinx agreeing to it. Metrolinx subsequently declared it to be unacceptable: https://www.cp24.com/news/crosslinx...n-crosstown-lrt-without-key-station-1.5129751
Ah interesting. So opening almost all of it in March 2022, with the final station opening in May and some pedestrian connections in September is bad. But opening it all at once in September is good?

It doesn't feel like Metrolinx is putting passengers first.

Back