News   Mar 28, 2024
 131     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 188     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 252     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Patio areas in green on levels 4 & 5

4.jpg

5.jpg

From the looks of it. needs 12 more business to fill this place up.

It was dead when we stop off for our free hamburg at Harvey's Sunday. The line up for Union was going out the door and no waiting at TLC.

It will be interesting to see who close their doors first.

Signs are posted in TTC Dundas station about what is open now.

I think it's a bit early to be shutting down businesses. This thing hasn't even finished opening yet.

Metroman you saw me? - You remember what I look like? haha :)

Oh geez.. I'm too famous.

3D picked up!!! ( the bill that is) - I'm on the hook next time we hang out... - I hope we can keep the drinking within limits on that night.

As for the chicks, - I'm strictly go for my Trinidadian honies, - Canadian chicks eat too much. but that is just my little thing. - I don't like dealing with chicks born and raised in Canada. (why? : cause cal was borned and raised in Canada, and I would never date myself)

But 3D that "Tina" she is "hot", but I can tell she is high maintainece and I don't want to bleed cash on honies either man. - I'm glad she was nice, even though I didn't want to take her number or anything, but if I have a change of heart, I know where to find her.

As for TLS, I like the place - 3D hates it and blames his brother-in law for all it's deficencies. Me on the other hand, well I would not have liked to see a clone to the Eaton Centre or the Atrium. As they say, variety is the spice of life, and I see a lot of potential in the building. But that's just me. (I'm an optimist)

So that's where you live Dan... I guess I'll be careful when I advocate demolishing that building to have a continued wide sidewalk from University Av. to the AGO.. lol :rolleyes:

Just following up on this:

Also, my point – made many pages back – that people will eventually drop "Toronto" from the name and that within a decade, Dundas Square will be known as "Life Square" is coming to fruition...

An "Official" sign posted outside Jack Astor's Victoria St. entrance:

img00218iw2.jpg

It's late and I don't feel like going back to look for the relevant posts, but somebody argued quite stubbornly against the logic that I laid out:
Toronto Life is a brand that sponsors this building. Toronto Life Square is its name. People won't see the Toronto Life part as the magazine brand once the name of the building becomes synonymous with the building itself rather than the mag.
Dropping the name of the city from the name will definitely happen in street speak and we'll end up with people calling the building Life Sq. for briefness sake.

...within a decade or less, people will associate that with the name of the square and I'm predicting that people will be saying: "Meet me @ Life Square" to refer to the area.

The proof is on the wall: literally. ;)

Either the person who made that sign is the same person who answers the phone at Jack Astors, or it seems to be official: the people at Jacks are calling the place Life Square.

I've called several times to reserve a table, they always answer: "Welcome to Jack Astors, Life Square"...

Either the person who made that sign is the same person who answers the phone at Jack Astors, or it seems to be official: the people at Jacks are calling the place Life Square.

I've called several times to reserve a table, they always answer: "Welcome to Jack Astors, Life Square"...

Which says more about how the fine folk at Jack Astors are 905-code (or even more so, 519 or 705 code) suburban hicks and yokels who just happened to be dropped in the heart of the 416...

Pumpernickols (sp) is opening up next to Harvey's.

Milestone's making headway into their construction...along with Woo's...

Chipotle is underway as well

Word (confidential sources) has it the boutique "Toronto Life Square" signs will be installed by summer's end after the sponsors (AKA Toronto Life) approve the design.

Back