Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

Plainly it's Bayside Pillage, the new community for pirates with convenient front-door access to the Great Lakes.

So will the new community become affectionately known as the Pillage People?

Republican Propaganda pic:

the-pillage-people-~hollywood-7294809.png

https://pics.me.me/the-pillage-people-~hollywood-7294809.png

Right now the area doesn't even have any of the staples, so any of these would be welcome. Great to see some businesses planned for the area, despite the pandemic.

Does anyone know whatever happened to the planned Organic Garage grocery store? Or was this cancelled?

Any updates on commercial tenants for this building? I'm looking at potentially moving here. As a King Westerner for 15 years, I know that I'm going to miss the established neighbourhood of restaurants and shops and easy access to transit.

On the other hand, I've been wanting to the move to the waterfront one day and I have the chance to now. This part of Queens Quay is still developing. I have no doubt it'll have a nice community in a few years as more people move here, as the Arbour is built and as a result becomes the primary George Brown campus full of students coming and going. But how is it now? Anybody live here or in this area? My main concern is how isolated it feels from the rest of the city.

Any updates on commercial tenants for this building? I'm looking at potentially moving here. As a King Westerner for 15 years, I know that I'm going to miss the established neighbourhood of restaurants and shops and easy access to transit.

On the other hand, I've been wanting to the move to the waterfront one day and I have the chance to now. This part of Queens Quay is still developing. I have no doubt it'll have a nice community in a few years as more people move here, as the Arbour is built and as a result becomes the primary George Brown campus full of students coming and going. But how is it now? Anybody live here or in this area? My main concern is how isolated it feels from the rest of the city.
It would be good to have you (and your eagle eye and dog) in our area but QQE is still a bit isolated and is certainly a construction site now and will be for several years to come. That said, it is actually not far from the 'civilization'' of Front Street and the St Lawrence Market (about a 7 minute walk) and the waterfront promenade is great.

It would be good to have you (and your eagle eye and dog) in our area but QQE is still a bit isolated and is certainly a construction site now and will be for several years to come. That said, it is actually not far from the 'civilization'' of Front Street and the St Lawrence Market (about a 7 minute walk) and the waterfront promenade is great.

Thanks. I love the waterfront promenade but unfortunately, it's not a place where I can pick up fresh produce on my daily walk or hop on a streetcar to cross town. The waterfront LRT looks many years away and walking up to St. Lawrence Market means crossing pedestrian hostile Lake Shore and going under the dingy rail corridor and Gardiner. 7 minutes to St. Lawrence sounds good but gosh, I'd hate to have to go under the Gardiner every day to get there.

On the other hand, this place I'm looking at is right on the water with a beautiful terrace and I plan to stay 5-8 years so I can look forward to the improvements in the area, likely being able to enjoy the student vibrancy that the Arbour will bring.

I guess I can eliminate most of the pedestrian hostility by walking along the water to Sugar Beach, through Daniels' terrace and then straight up to St. Lawrence Market.

... as you can probably tell, I'm trying to convince myself to move here. My reluctant King West bones and my Waterfront heart are pulling me in different directions.

I love the waterfront promenade but unfortunately, it's not a place where I can pick up fresh produce on my daily walk or hop on a streetcar to cross town.

Every Saturday there is a farmers market at St Lawrence Market. My wife and I go there ever week and get fresh somewhat local produce. You are right about the walk; it could be better. But it is nice to have the Market.

Back