P1220609.jpg

P1220608.jpg

Eastern exploratory dig...

P1220605.jpg

P1220607.jpg

P1220612.jpg

P1220610.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the height for phase 2? Is it 241m? And phase 1 - 238m?
I was about to suggest you look at the box with this kind of info at the top of every page of the thread (or the database) but I see that the height is only shown for one tower (I assume the one that's 'finished'). MODS may want to adjust & edit??

I was about to suggest you look at the box with this kind of info at the top of every page of the thread (or the database) but I see that the height is only shown for one tower (I assume the one that's 'finished'). MODS may want to adjust & edit??
UT always shows the height of the tallest tower in a multi-tower development, so in this case 241 m is the height of the unbuilt second tower.

UT always shows the height of the tallest tower in a multi-tower development, so in this case 241 m is the height of the unbuilt second tower.
Thanks, good to know but it really would be helpful if this fact was on the 'summary" or (better yet) for developments with only a couple of towers that info on BOTH was included.

Thanks, good to know but it really would be helpful if this fact was on the 'summary" or (better yet) for developments with only a couple of towers that info on BOTH was included.
If you click on the box on top of the page, you can see the heights and floor counts for both towers. More problematic is the convention of listing the height and floor count of the "tallest" building in multi-tower developments (ie. tallest tower and tower with most floors). While in most cases (such as this project) the tallest building is also the one with the most floors, that's not necessarily the case. The Well is listed as 174m, 46 floors in the summary box, but 167 m is the height of the tallest tower (the nearly completed office building) and 46 is the floor count of the shorter residential building next to it (the office tower has 36 floors). I've pointed this out in The Well thread, and they said they were going to fix it, but months later it's still listed as 174m, 46 floors.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC
Phase 2 from today.
Protecting 1 Front from the future drilling/excavation/ or the next G7 summit.
Looks like they are drilling the condo future parking lot wall from previous pavement markings and the CIBC property line wall from the phase 2 site plan approval drawings.

94E53813-AB86-46B0-94F7-CE53A71237E6.jpeg
6B82FC0E-802B-4D16-A7A3-07040286F09B.jpeg
9325E6C0-5948-4C4C-8C86-E526631CBEEB.jpeg

Ground level
FDACC158-BF05-4903-A70B-67D3BB9577C3.png

P2
2D4ABF98-870C-4DAF-8FDD-B7D2EDC635C9.png

Last edited:
Phase 2 from today.
Protecting 1 Front from the future drilling/excavation/ or the next G7 summit.
Looks like they are drilling the condo future parking lot wall from previous pavement markings and the CIBC property line wall from the phase 2 site plan approval drawings.

Ground level

P2
View attachment 303037
Interesting to see the note about connecting through to 1 Front in the basement,

it looks like they intend on one front being developed one day. could this be a seperate thing or a connection to the 2 tower proposal?

it looks like they intend on one front being developed one day. could this be a seperate thing or a connection to the 2 tower proposal?
There's a separate proposal planned right now for One Front. At one point there was a smaller 3rd CIBC Square building proposed above 1 front but that was dropped quite a while ago. Personally I'd rather have the 3rd CIBC square building than what's currently proposed for 1 Front, but it is what it is.

This is probably a post for 1 Front but it does impact adjacent CIBC phase 2 walls underground.

From what I gathered;
In the current 1 Front St site plan application architectural drawings and the submitted heritage documents, it looks like they would most likely support the outside walls from the exterior, a complete gutting and then digging down 3 levels for parking for a portion of the foot print but I could be wrong.

It will be interesting how they complete the demolition, excavate in the tight space after CIBC square phase 2 underground work is built,
how they shore up the walls both above and below ground and
how they access the interior core while protecting the facade.

The “ground level” Long Room will be protected/untouched and a similar structural support to The One (Bloor W) 5th floor structural transfer floor will support the tower above this Long Room “heritage” space. No under ground parking below the Long Room in the East corner of the property. That should be some interesting work to watch if and when approved.

7A69A3DF-B14E-4B37-AEC3-598E8DE8CDDC.jpeg

Back