Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Don't know at this time as to when, but next week will see the LRT bridge lower into position on the pier. Due to the lateness of the bearing support arriving due to COVID-19, the bridge had to be place as is. The bearings were to be here before the bridge arrived.

The bridge is still on the temporary supports. Maybe they are waiting for the painter now. Hoping the red & white stays untouched. Hoping for a little respect.
CEE334BC-73FB-442D-ABC5-5CA6C19C7FF5.jpeg

The bridge is still on the temporary supports. Maybe they are waiting for the painter now. Hoping the red & white stays untouched. Hoping for a little respect. View attachment 302094
The temporary concrete blocks are certainly still there and you will see the large jacks that can be used to move it up and down - I think they are installing proper permanent supports - I suspect they may be 'flexible' so the bridge can actually move a little. (On the Gardiner they are currently " installing bridge jacking footing and erecting bridge jacking towers" and this may be a similar thing??

The bridge is still on the temporary supports. Maybe they are waiting for the painter now. Hoping the red & white stays untouched. Hoping for a little respect. View attachment 302094
From that shot and could be wrong, but looks like the bearing pads still not in place.

Didn't take that long to tag the foundation and waiting for the bridge to be tag. These taggers need their hands...........and force to pay huge fines along with a record. Regardless of age, face posted in a tagger page. It also amassing who some of these taggers are. A number of RR crews were taggers until caught and lost their jobs. Since some crews would have a few hours on line waiting to move, they started to paint equipment to kill time.

What's wrong with this city! Does this city endorse spray painting on anything. This city has become so dirty looking and it's supposed to be a world class city. It's embarrassing and cheap looking compared to Chicago's downtown and waterfront area. And this city is more stable than it.

What's wrong with this city!
As maddening as it is the reality is that a good swath of the population are selfish, inconsiderate, and unpleasant. They don't care about other people or property that doesn't belong to them.. If we have to raise taxes to rid our city of vandalism, so be it. Perhaps CCTV every 50m over the entire metro is where we're headed.

Telling people not to do something doesn't work with some people. 3 weeks in jail and a $20,000 fine is more effective. Maybe spray paint everything they own when they get caught for good measure: their clothes, furniture, home, car ..... everything. Karma.

As maddening as it is the reality is that a good swath of the population are selfish, inconsiderate, and unpleasant. They don't care about other people or property that doesn't belong to them.. If we have to raise taxes to rid our city of vandalism, so be it. Perhaps CCTV every 50m over the entire metro is where we're headed.

Telling people not to do something doesn't work with some people. 3 weeks in jail and a $20,000 fine is more effective. Maybe spray paint everything they own when they get caught for good measure: their clothes, furniture, home, car ..... everything. Karma.

That really is too much.

You'd rather live in an authoritarian police state than abide a modest bit of tagging?

Listen, I don't approve of tagging; not here, nor anywhere else really. At best, I find it juvenile, and rather entitled; at worst, it's offensive for its criminal destruction of property and callous disregard for its impact on others.

Yet, I've traveled enough to know that Toronto has far less of this than many other cities of comparable size.

Equally important, I also understand that the seriousness of arresting someone, let alone imprisoning them is far greater than the tagging.

It's easy to see in the Criminal Code itself; if you remove the 'force of law'; an arrest would be akin to a kidnapping; and jail, forcible confinement. Both are far more serious charges than 'mischief' or 'destruction of property'.

Lots of people, from around the world, marvel at Toronto's comparative cleanliness.

No, it doesn't meet the standards of Singapore.

Few places do.

Yes, it can and should be better.

But can we please dial the hyperbole back, more than a little?

Last edited:
But can we please dial the hyperbole back, more than a little?
Yeah. And can we get back to posting progress pics and updates of this project, please!?

...besides, the mods have already cleaned this up once from said nonsense, I hate to see their hardwork undone in vain. /sigh

Back