Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

The CCA website for the project has some pics of the glass tile mockup:

They look superb.

AoD

Thanks for that post.

I don't always like Cormier's tendency for themes..........

But I consistently find he is committed to quality materials and their proper execution by the trades.

(hint, if anyone wants to say 'Hi'.....he's likely to be in town during construction a few times. (wonder if Covid will impact that at all, but that his his norm, to personally inspect materials and their installation)

Also, for the click-averse, one image from Alvin's link:

1610908876297.png

Attachments

• 1610908876297.png
    1610908876297.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 376
Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooh, I'm soooo stoked for this park! 💗

The glass tile is looking proppa.

And more willows!!! <3

Anyone with an idea of when it might be started?

The design by Claude Cormier does not keep the highway bents.

Thank goodness "Love Park" isn't the final name... it's pretty meaningless and disconnected from the local area. I suggested "South Core Square" given its location.
Oh great another "park" designed around an art piece. Are they going to have some security guards there to keep people out of the fountain?

Love Park is the final name as per bid process.

Construction starts Mid May and open summer 2022.

Dog lease park will have dog turf and no gravel. Fence to be higher.

The island will be larger than shown in the past.

7 trees will be remove that will leave only 5 remaining with 37 new trees being added.

The pond edge shown above in posting #256 is what you will sit on once open.

The mechanical building is smaller on the surface now with the door not opening onto the sidewalk.

Love Park is the final name as per bid process.

Construction starts Mid May and open summer 2022.

Dog lease park will have dog turf and no gravel. Fence to be higher.

The island will be larger than shown in the past.

7 trees will be remove that will leave only 5 remaining with 37 new trees being added.

The pond edge shown above in posting #256 is what you will sit on once open.

The mechanical building is smaller on the surface now with the door not opening onto the sidewalk.
Name is still a bit cheesy (although kinda endearing) but everything else sounds pretty good.

Thanks for that post.

I don't always like Cormier's tendency for themes..........

But I consistently find he is committed to quality materials and their proper execution by the trades.

(hint, if anyone wants to say 'Hi'.....he's likely to be in town during construction a few times. (wonder if Covid will impact that at all, but that his his norm, to personally inspect materials and their installation)

Also, for the click-averse, one image from Alvin's link:

View attachment 294658

He has an amazing design sense for materials and fine-grained detail. Most other landscape designers in Canada overuse poured concrete and low-maintenance plantings like ornamental grasses, resulting in sterility and urban spaces that don't age well. He tends to be a lot more interesting in his ideas and has a good sense of aesthetics, which makes the experience of using his spaces much better and more enjoyable over the long run.

Back