Yonge & Rich Condos (Great Gulf) - Real Estate -

Same! Got my notice too
Final tentative occupancy date feb 11
Firm occupancy date feb 20 🙈

looking forward to meeting you neighbours!
10/F

After the PDI, I really doubt if the developer is the real GG. I am sooooo disappointed about the work they have done sooooo poorly.
First they delayed, delayed, delayed, when finally coming to the end, you feel like they just simply collected things together to get off you.
The fancy balcony is just for catching eyes, not practical at all. When raining day, the water will all come down lower balcony, the lowest one will be the worst one.
The floor crack already, the brand new fridge dent already, the ugly laundry room door (which I only see it in some garden fence ) is out of my imagination.
Somebody abuse my trust ????

After the PDI, I really doubt if the developer is the real GG. I am sooooo disappointed about the work they have done sooooo poorly.
First they delayed, delayed, delayed, when finally coming to the end, you feel like they just simply collected things together to get off you.
The fancy balcony is just for catching eyes, not practical at all. When raining day, the water will all come down lower balcony, the lowest one will be the worst one.
The floor crack already, the brand new fridge dent already, the ugly laundry room door (which I only see it in some garden fence ) is out of my imagination.
Somebody abuse my trust ????

Sorry to hear about your experience. From what I gather, builders in Toronto have lost a lot of credibility in quality and craftsmanship. Can I ask what floor plan you have? I don't understand what you mean by the laundry door being similar to a garden fence. Any photos?

As for balconies, I think its typical that in a rain scenario water pools and falls on lower balconies.. its the nature of buying into a building.

If GG is any good they will replace the items that are damaged quickly before you move in.

Sorry to hear about your experience. From what I gather, builders in Toronto have lost a lot of credibility in quality and craftsmanship. Can I ask what floor plan you have? I don't understand what you mean by the laundry door being similar to a garden fence. Any photos?

As for balconies, I think its typical that in a rain scenario water pools and falls on lower balconies.. its the nature of buying into a building.

If GG is any good they will replace the items that are damaged quickly before you move in.
Thank you for comment.
My floor is 8th. unfortunately I did not take the laundry door photo. It looks like a binding curtain, cannot block noise when doing laundry, plus looks ugly, especially in living room.

PDI is done, Looking forward to meeting the neighbours
IMG_2733.jpg
IMG_2734.JPG

Looks great. I think I picked the same colour selections. What floor plan is that?

I am a bit disappointed in the stucco ceiling and the non front facing washer/dryer. GG could have at least stepped it up a bit.
Thanks, This is the Mackenzie FP, I think in a previous post you mentioned that you had the trinity FP, (and i remember this because i think you brought up the cut off balcs)

Re: stucco ceiling yes it's sad, but it is what it is what it is. I mean if you wanted the non stucco the 20 lombard plans had the smooth ceiling. Personally i don't mind doing a little elbow grease. I've been told it's super easy (but messy) to remove, So i think i will try to tackle it as a DIY project once the warranty is up.

re: non-front facing washer, I'm okay with that, as a real estate agent, i find that a lot of people (including myself) tend to close washer door, while it is wet causing mould to grow on the rubber gasket. This typically is a major headache for tenants, landlords, owners as it is not easy to simply replace the gasket and a nightmare to try to clean off. So in terms of renting out the unit after, this will be a less maintenance which i am happy about. :)

Looks good. The stucco is disappointing. The laundry is disappointing as well because if one appliance goes out, you have to replace the whole thing.

Looks good. The stucco is disappointing. The laundry is disappointing as well because if one appliance goes out, you have to replace the whole thing.
a friend of mine wasn't satisfied with his fridge and stove at his condo (Maytag) and bought Fisher and Paykal instead. You could do the same, find a buyer for the current laundry center and use the money to help cover costs of new machines.

Has anyone had any issues getting their PDI problems addressed? I'm having a frustrating time, it's like pulling teeth. Items magically disappear from the PDI list and I have to constantly ask for updates.

Has anyone had any issues getting their PDI problems addressed? I'm having a frustrating time, it's like pulling teeth. Items magically disappear from the PDI list and I have to constantly ask for updates.

Welcome to new construction in 2021. You have to be on the builders because they're hoping you just give up and stop bothering them.

are you in the facebook group? would love to trade notes on defects.

Hi, does anyone know how big is the locker exactly? I was told it will be 3ft x 6ft. Is that the case?

Anyone else on the 4 floor get their PDI yet? My family has not received notification yet, seems a bit late...

Back