Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.9m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I don't know about the Soviets, but the Nazis were always driving around on those.
That does look like a German Zündapp KS 750 but it's hard to tell the difference between that and the Soivet made IMZ-Ural from a photo where it's been restored and symbols of hate have been removed

0405AA65-30D9-4950-8A03-D5B2AC6AE849.jpeg

That does look like a German Zündapp KS 750 but it's hard to tell the difference between that and the Soivet made IMZ-Ural from a photo where it's been restored and symbols of hate have been removed
There are also at least a couple of the Chinese version of the pre-war BMW motor cycles in Toronto - have seen and have spoken with the owners of both motor cycles that we have seen - they were acquired when the owners had been working / posted in China. So it could be one of them.

Some background information from Wikipedia (more details available on the Wikipedia site):

The CJ750 motorcycle is based on the original 1956 Soviet IMZ (Irbitski Mototsikletniy Zavod) M-72 which itself was derived from the earlier German 1938 BMW R71. Nearly all of them have sidecars. They are often erroneously referred to as BMW "replicas" when in fact, they are derivatives of the IMZ M-72.

Production began in the late 1950s or early 1960s. (Different sources cite different dates.) They were originally produced for the Chinese military and are powered by an air-cooled, four-stroke, opposed flat-twin engine displacing 746cc. The rear wheel is shaft-driven.

I think both the Soviets and the Nazi's would beg to differ

As someone from a country that was annihilated by both sides, I can assure you it doesn't matter what they would think lol

Why are we talking about motorcycles on a building forum? What happened to staying on topic mods

Chill, it was just a small diversion because someone posted a pic of a bad ass retro bike on the previous page.

Godwin's Law (2021 revision): "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or motorcycles approaches 1". :)
Godwin's Law (2021 second revision): "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis, Trump, QAnon, or motorcycles approaches 1."

Godwin's Law (2021 revision): "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or motorcycles approaches 1". :)
Yeah...well, I do know my poor attempt at that humor got ejected straight into the moderation round bin. And deservedly so. >.<

Back