Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Just tear them down. Let the government know that Hamilton wants the infrastructure investment. Opening up these abandoned houses (which could be crack dens by now) won't help anybody long term, they need to prepare the Main Street corridor for LRT or BRT through upzoning.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and this is just more trifling with the City of Hamilton. After all design work is done, and the undertaking is well on its way, then we can be optimistic that it shall be done. Before that, I recommend we do not get our hopes up, lest they be dashed be the province, yet again.

Here are 18 of those properties. I imagine those lots will stay vacant as long as LRT has the slightest possibility of happening.
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 12.03.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Good news
In Hamilton, Premier Ford is asked whether province has decided what do with $1B in transit funding for the city. "I can't give you a direct answer 100%. The ideal situation is do what the mayor wants to do. If everyone agrees, it's the LRT."
Ford suggested building a Hamilton LRT would be contingent on funding from the federal government.

Wondering if the massive spending announced by the federal government yesterday will finally mean dollars flowing to this project as they've strongly hinted at in recent months.

Wondering if the massive spending announced by the federal government yesterday will finally mean dollars flowing to this project as they've strongly hinted at in recent months.

The funding announcement is for boosting the economy post vaccine and they seem to have just thrown a number in without projects attached to the dollars. So possibly.

Back