Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

I mean this is what glass does. it's blue and it reflects light. Don't you think a building should have something more than that?

I can't tell if you're joking.
Have you seen this building in person on a sunny day? Because if you haven't, I highly recommend. The quality cladding and the thoughtful notches really do turn this building into a looker. This is truly one glass box in this city that's above the rest.

I mean this is what glass does. it's blue and it reflects light. Don't you think a building should have something more than that?

I can't tell if you're joking.
Come on, this building "is a winner baby!" It's all class and timeless.

Should it be on the waterfront? Sure, this could be debatable. But not its architectural worthiness. I marvel at this one each time I bike by. Every element of this build was carefully thought through.

It may be a box but it's a damn fine looking box! I check every update of this thread for a reason.
It won't be so starkly a " box " once everything is built around it, and it might even provide some welcome contrast- not a great justification however. It might even suggest that some intelligence in the planning heavens actually thought this out. Oh well, one can always hope.
As it stands today, I'd say perhaps this monolith shouldn't take up desirable space in such an important waterfront spot, but the feeling may dissolve as the context evolves. In this city, it's a necessary balm that hope springs eternal.

November 24, 2020

IMG_20201124_133609729_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201124_133655476_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201124_133915034_HDR.jpg

Back