Toronto home: Power and Adelaide | 78.33m | 22s | Great Gulf | Core Architects

Good morning, first post here. I'm an owner on the 5th floor. Here's a photo from last night:

PXL_20201126_231953567.NIGHT.jpg

I always thought this building were two joined glass boxes. So it comes a surprise to me that one wall picted above seems to going in at about a 30 degree angle. Or am I just misreading the angle in which said picture was taken?

That empty space has always struck me as an easy candidate for hopefully eventual intensification. Although from my understanding, the combined space is actually 2 separate parking lots with a divider in the middle.
Yes, there are probably two sites. One to the north along Adelaide running from Parliament to Power (with the low-rise furniture store @ the corner of Adelaide and Parliament.) The other at NW corner of Power and King. They may well all be owned by same person(s) and they could build one L-shaped building. The larger building at King & Parliament is Listed. (" Aluminum & Crown Stopper Company; 1907-08, Henry Simpson (north building on Parliament St.) -adopted by City Council on March 5, 1984 ")

ariel .jpg

Yes, there are probably two sites. One to the north along Adelaide running from Parliament to Power (with the low-rise furniture store @ the corner of Adelaide and Parliament.) The other at NW corner of Power and King. They may well all be owned by same person(s) and they could build one L-shaped building. The larger building at King & Parliament is Listed. (" Aluminum & Crown Stopper Company; 1907-08, Henry Simpson (north building on Parliament St.) -adopted by City Council on March 5, 1984 ")

View attachment 290259
I would hope that block gets developed as three separate new buildings to provide some much needed human-scale fabric. Another monolith standing next to HOME wouldn't be too great.

Back