News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 631     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Knock on impact for hot zone residents:

Who drives from Peel to Collingwood just to have lunch because you can't at home?

My fathers buddy did. He's 55 and retired but him and his wife are cooking adverse. They love to drink and eat out to the point where they will drive far out of town to eat dinner and have some drinks. We expect they will go out to NOTL to have dinner.

He has since been told to stay away by my father and his friends.

From link.

"Retail permitted to be open for curbside pick-up or delivery only, with certain exceptions such as for supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores, discount and big box retailers selling groceries, beer, wine and liquor stores, safety supply stores, and convenience stores, which will be allowed to operate at 50 per cent capacity;"

Wal-Mart only started selling groceries starting in 1988 in the States, 2006 in Canada. If Wal-Mart didn't sell groceries, would they be restricted to only pick-up or delivery? Should clothing stores open a "grocery" section within their premises so that people could enter the "clothing",sorry, I mean "grocery and clothing" stores?

From link.

"Retail permitted to be open for curbside pick-up or delivery only, with certain exceptions such as for supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores, discount and big box retailers selling groceries, beer, wine and liquor stores, safety supply stores, and convenience stores, which will be allowed to operate at 50 per cent capacity;"

Wal-Mart only started selling groceries starting in 1988 in the States, 2006 in Canada. If Wal-Mart didn't sell groceries, would they be restricted to only pick-up or delivery? Should clothing stores open a "grocery" section within their premises so that people could enter the "clothing",sorry, I mean "grocery and clothing" stores?

There needs to be a clearcut definition of essential. On Holidays for example, Shoppers Drug Mart closes off aisles that are not containing certain products. I believe there are regulations permitting what can and cannot open on stat holidays and what stores that do stay open can sell.

Realistically stores containing clothes don't need to stay open but I can see crappy tire staying open. Even during a pandemic people need lightbulbs, cleaning supplies and car supplies like windshield washer fluid. Can you imagine a world where a guy takes a crap, plugs the toilet and can't buy a plunger?

I don’t remember the last time I was at a mall. I didn’t go pre COVID so I am certainly not going now

Only apt for a woman with Bespoke tastes! :D

Hey, I am a simple Joe blow and I completely concur with Lucy—I've religiously not gone to malls for many years.

In other news, I was passing through Niagara tonight and it was a mess. Most people were not socially distancing and what looked like every other person was not wearing a mask. There was also some Lebanon related protest gathering right at the railings overlooking the falls and people were densely packed. Back in Toronto, the 400-407 plaza was backed up way onto the 400 as people came for some kind of drive in light show.

As for Walmart, one of the stores near me had a very long line to get in; the other had no line to get in, but a very long line at the cash (although it moved quickly).

So... a little off topic but since I've been watching Kubrick films this weekend and trying to keep my marbles intact after being cooped up I need suggestions.

Anyone know of anything good to watch during the upcoming lockdown that doesn't involve a man snapping like a twig due to social isolation?

Trying to keep myself occupied during the upcoming lockdown without giving myself ideas.

So... a little off topic but since I've been watching Kubrick films this weekend and trying to keep my marbles intact after being cooped up I need suggestions.

Anyone know of anything good to watch during the upcoming lockdown that doesn't involve a man snapping like a twig due to social isolation?

Trying to keep myself occupied during the upcoming lockdown without giving myself ideas.

Honestly, a safe stroll through your area and Zoom calling your friends will do much more for your mental health (and physical in the first case) than Netflix.

Here i am avoiding malls and most indoor spaces until next year.

Thousands of other people........... We need useless crap from the mall before they shutdown!

Cars are lined up to the road just to get in the parking lot :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised by the crowded scenes at Yorkdale. The mall has been consistently busy each weekend throughout the pandemic since things reopened after the first lockdown. I was there once in October taking care of something business related for a family member and the parking lot was full, and shoppers inside were steady.

The crowds happening right now are also a result of a 2-day warning given by Ford, declared near the end of Friday afternoon too. Lots of people will be out there rushing to get their last physical shopping, haircuts, pints on a patio, etc.

Depends on what you're interested in. I've been watching old seasons of Masterchef Canada on YouTube.

If you like food/travel shows, there's Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

And for British comedies there's Derry Girls, Borderline, Still Game, People Just Do Nothing, etc. One of my favourites was Burnistoun but it's been removed now.

Big uptick today on Canada lock-down stories in the international media.

My wife got concerned messages from her Taiwanese family and Friends about our lockdown. A lot of publishing of the 60,000 cases per day “warning” from Dr. Tam. Unfortunately we would have to break it to them that almost no aspect of our lives is effected by what constitutes a “lockdown” here in Ontario.

P.S. I’m sure everything reading this took my advice earlier and stocked up on 60-days worth of home essentials and completed their Christmas checklist weeks ago.

Don't know if you like food eating/travel review shows but I find this channel to be really good!
https://www.youtube.com/c/BestEverFoodReviewShow/about

Plus these:
https://www.youtube.com/user/thefoodranger

https://www.youtube.com/user/migrationology

Been watching some bonsai videos for self relaxation and meditation. Actually ended up learning a lot and picking up tips about gardening from the creator:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyZR5OfKC6sQ6fKHDzlruNw

G’ah, I hate malls at the best of times. No chance I’m going to Yorkdale. I buy everything online, for Christmas my wife and kids share wish lists with links how to buy the item online.
I don’t remember the last time I was at a mall. I didn’t go pre COVID so I am certainly not going now
Hey, I am a simple Joe blow and I completely concur with Lucy—I've religiously not gone to malls for many years.

In other news, I was passing through Niagara tonight and it was a mess. Most people were not socially distancing and what looked like every other person was not wearing a mask. There was also some Lebanon related protest gathering right at the railings overlooking the falls and people were densely packed. Back in Toronto, the 400-407 plaza was backed up way onto the 400 as people came for some kind of drive in light show.

As for Walmart, one of the stores near me had a very long line to get in; the other had no line to get in, but a very long line at the cash (although it moved quickly).

I envy all you anti-mallers. I kind of despise them myself, but as someone with kids I am forced to go to them frequently...

🤮

Gnews (the Chinese American counterpart to Newsmax and OANN): Lockdown is communism! COVID-19 is invented by the CCP to justify tyranny! Freedom of mobility is an inalienable human right!

Anyone with a brain: Lockdowns are necessary in order to curb the spread of diseases as contagious as COVID-19. Even many countries with strong human rights records recognize the importance of lockdowns. However, they are to be used as a last resort. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Back