News   Mar 28, 2024
 96     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 229     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

This “lock-down” is still fairly limited by international standards.
Yeah, it’s not really a lockdown if I can still go to restaurants for takeout, go to Canadian Tire for curb side pickup or walk into Shoppers Drugmart for shampoo and whatnot. I haven’t eaten inside a restaurant since April, I’m not sure I’ll notice this new lockdown. We did, by chance go to Costco yesterday just as Ford was making his announcement, and I thought to myself that this place is going to be a madhouse tomorrow.

My friend who also lives at Manulife went for a walk and saw people lining up to get into stores, such as Indigo and even Nespresso in Yorkville, not getting at all the point of the coming lockdown, which is to discourage people to congregate. I'm beginning to understand why the Chinese locked people in their homes sometimes.

Then there are those who constantly complain about some businesses having to close since no outbreaks were reported there, ignoring that the basically transient nature of contacts in stores, restaurants, and public transit makes it virtually impossible to determine with certainty whether or not someone who is positive got infected there.

Here i am avoiding malls and most indoor spaces until next year.
G’ah, I hate malls at the best of times. No chance I’m going to Yorkdale. I buy everything online, for Christmas my wife and kids share wish lists with links how to buy the item online.

I don’t remember the last time I was at a mall. I didn’t go pre COVID so I am certainly not going now

G’ah, I hate malls at the best of times. No chance I’m going to Yorkdale. I buy everything online, for Christmas my wife and kids share wish lists with links how to buy the item online.

I went to Walmart at Warden and Eglinton earlier (the one that they showed on the news yesterday). I waited 40 minutes in line to get in and it was a zoo inside.

I was out in Durham Region earlier (Whitby, Pickering and Ajax) and it was a madhouse. All the yahoos from Toronto were out there shopping. The walmart in Pickering was lined up around the building like the Real Canadian Superstore was in Ajax.

All the Tim Hortons we saw in Durham Region were lined up down the street for the drive thru and even the Blinds to Go we went to for my Grandmother in Whitby was saying how people were coming out there to shop because they wanted to get their orders at a store that was still open.

I can see Durham, York and Halton having skyrocketing cases in the next few weeks thanks to the haphazard lockdown.

Last edited:

Back