News   Apr 18, 2024
 712     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.4K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 

Farm Boy expansion in the GTA

None of those types of foods is self serve. The salad is behind plexiglass and an employee has to serve the items for customers.

Ah, I couldn't make that out in the photo; probably in part because that station is normally self-serve at FarmBoy. (obviously not post-Covid)

Store looks great! I do miss Farm Boy's self serve hot tables, hopefully when this Covid mess is over with, they will make a return.

Latest update on Farmboy expansion has the Yonge/Soudan (just south of Eglinton) store open within the next 2 weeks.

Bathurst/Front will open over the winter.

• Yonge and Soudan (October 2020)
  • Front and Bathurst (Winter 2021)
  • Dundas West and Aukland (2021)
  • Dupont and Christie (2021)
  • Harbourfront (2021)
That last one is the current Sobey's Queens Quay.

No sign of Metro Hall just yet. @JasonParis

Article and photo tour of the College Park Farm Boy location by Toronto Life:

I like many aspects of Farm Boy................but that 'review' is so sycophantic as to give me indigestion!

Their 'seafood' is a hole-in-the-wall with minimal variety and next to none of it local.

There is no chance they are stocking 19 varieties of soup unless it's for a media photo-op and even then...........

The fact their best sellers are an ok salad dressing and tortilla chips ought not be a bragging point.

Poor PR thought-process.

There are many things they do well............the above list........not so much.

They do get full points for the cocoa-dusted, chocolate-covered hazelnuts, which are a best-in-class product; unlike the above.

PS, because the above raised my ire...........Metro will sell you Certified Organic Chicken for as little as $24 per kg............Farm Boy would like $30..........a 25% premium.

No....I don't work for Metro............

Looks like they are getting ready:

20201019_113414.jpg

...best sellers are an ok salad dressing and tortilla chips ought not be a bragging point.

Not to take away from your point but those tortilla chips are good! Los Cantores is my favourite tortilla chip and they also make the Farm Boy label...and sell for a buck or two less than
Los Cantores.

Can't speak about the selling floor which I couldn't see.........but walking by on Yonge today, looks like they've got at least a couple of days work yet.

The entry way w/escalators to the 2nd floor (north-west corner of the site) still showed some plastic on the escalators (though they looked finished); and some ceiling panels missing, though lighting largely installed.

Latest update on Farmboy expansion has the Yonge/Soudan (just south of Eglinton) store open within the next 2 weeks.

Bathurst/Front will open over the winter.

• Yonge and Soudan (October 2020)
  • Front and Bathurst (Winter 2021)
  • Dundas West and Aukland (2021)
  • Dupont and Christie (2021)
  • Harbourfront (2021)
That last one is the current Sobey's Queens Quay.

No sign of Metro Hall just yet. @JasonParis
Shocked that Bathurst Front wont be open for another year!
It seems they're ready soon based on the signs

Shocked that Bathurst Front wont be open for another year!
It seems they're ready soon based on the signs

I believe you're misreading the Bathurst/Front date.

I take Winter 2021 to be btw Jan1st 2021-March 20th 2021; which is 2-5 months away, not a year.

Back