Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Looks like the corners of the condo tower rising are rounded not pointed as seen in the photos up above . Are they going with the previous rendering? I hope so which I think it's better than the latest rendering .

That's still podium that you are seeing. Tower hasn't started to rise yet - and willnot be curved.

Yep - that's the landscaped roof terrace slab that's curved at the corner. It's a nice beefy transfer slab also

2pseKXu.png

j1EGBu5.png

I'm curious why would delterra reposition the crane? Does that mean they changed floor plans?
No floor plans would have changed, but what might have made sense for a very broad base below may no longer make the most sense for reduced floor-plates above.

Crane Update - Part II

Yes - the change in crane is due to the transition of the building from the base being built to start the residential tower. The different requirements result in it making more sense to have a traditional hammerhead crane (one with a fixed horizontal boom and the traveling cage) as opposed to the former luffer crane.

Yesterday, much of the crane was taken down and removed, leaving part of the mast to come out today, prior to erection of the replacement crane for today. The crew started on site at 6:30 this morning. Should not take too long to disassemble two sections of mast? Well - that is counting on bolts that have not become frozen in place. The second section came out at 2 PM - when this photo below was taken. The bolts where the two sections were joined were frozen in place. One bolt alone took four hours to free up and remove. To separate the two sections from each other, and then remove them took seven and a half hours.

To be continued on Monday.

ON a couple of other notes - the forms on the office tower west side have now all been moved up to form the 29th floor slab. Also, the south east residential tower podium (lower residential floor?) has been having a concrete pour all day today - still going at 5 PM.

(The reason I think it might still be podium - the office area above the commercial floors - is there is no visible transfer slab - like the one which can be seen in the photo below with the north side going straight between commercial and residential, with no office use in between.)

Edit: Looking at the third photo again, and seeing the thickness of the formwork - suspect that this might be the transfer slab being poured today.

20201017_144105.jpg

20201017_165626.jpg

20201017_165641.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder. The older short buildings that were left/were not sold. Could there be a future development there?

October 23. First forms on the west side of the office tower have now moved up to start work on the 30th floor.

Cycle times per floor over the past months since early May have been:

Date..............Floor.........Days
May 1.............19................-
May 28..........20...............27
June 12.........21..............15
June 25.........22..............13
July 10..........23..............15
July 24..........24..............14
August 10....25..............18 (Includes the August long holiday weekend)
August 21....26..............11
Sept. 3..........27..............13
Sept. 21.......28..............18 (Includes the Labour Day holiday long weekend)
October 9....29..............18
October 23...30............14 (Includes the Thanksgiving Day holiday long weekend)

20201023_121758.jpg

Back