Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Forgot which page of this thread it was, but somebody mentioned the steel being fabricated in Mexico and "shipped" (trained?) up here.
Hopefully not by the same company Bombardier used for the Flexity streetcars. Last thing we want are for these to be shipped back to be re-welded ;)

"Sorry boys, we're gonna have to pull'er down".

On a more serious note, the UT admins posted this piece today: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2020/10/innovative-elevator-system-being-employed-mizrahis-one

I'm sure we had a discussion about the elevators like 15 pages back, but does anyone have any idea what the exact distribution and arrangement will be of these 21 elevators? (Or is it 23? Otis reports this number). There will obviously be a few in the hotel section (looks like 3?) and a few (3-4?) from ground floor to the elevator lobby. There are two freight elevators coming from the parking floors. I also see that the elevator core has 8 (I think half the elevators serve the lower floors and half the higher), and there's one in the penthouse.

Last edited:
21 not including the penthouse elevators

7 in the west elevator bank and 3 in the south bank shown here

Elev-1.png

Then the central bank of 8 with another bank of 3 in the hotel space

Elev2.png

I think @Benito is going to have the highest "Reaction Score" to "Messages" ratio of all time in Urbantoronto by the time this project is completed!

I swear each of his posts in this thread gets like 15 reactions of 😍 or 👍 coz of the amazing pics both from above and from below!

Man, I forgot the scale of those columns for a minute until I saw that last Benito picture with the worker standing next to it. Whats the ceiling height on that first floor?

I think @Benito is going to have the highest "Reaction Score" to "Messages" ratio of all time in Urbantoronto by the time this project is completed!

I swear each of his posts in this thread gets like 15 reactions of 😍 or 👍 coz of the amazing pics both from above and from below!

This person has the most epic ratio that I've seen so far.

1602698955277.png

Link to his post:

Trolling us with good, bird's eye pics from his rooftop perch on landmark projects may have something to do with that. <3

Man, I forgot the scale of those columns for a minute until I saw that last Benito picture with the worker standing next to it. Whats the ceiling height on that first floor?

I can't find the height to the ceiling of the first level, but the ground of the Restaurant (Event Space) level is 12.90 m, so maybe the total height of that level is 12.00 m or 11.50 m?

1602702772305.png

Benito is not just a great photographer, he's also very computer-savvy. He has an embedded algorithm that triples reaction scores on Mondays, Wednesdays and stat holidays.

I copied his algorithm into my profile code but got the reverse reaction I was hoping for (so just assume my score is actually double).

Back