Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

By the way, what is the protocol for sharing photos from this site? Can I copy and give attribution to this site and or photographer? Do I share a link to a photo on this site? Or is sharing strictly frowned upon?
That photo is marked "All Rights Reserved" on Flickr. I'd say reproducing it here, even with the attribution is not permitted under that license.

All Rights Reserved

You, the copyright holder, reserve all rights provided by copyright law, such as the right to make copies, distribute your work, perform your work, license, or otherwise exploit your work; no rights are waived under this license.

By the letter of the law you are correct, with particular reference to "distribute your work". The work of many of Toronto's best photographers such as Boris Terzik, and Phil Marion are posted in forums around the world. There's likely a few thousand photos here on UT that are copyrighted. My future renders over the years have been re-posted many times, however I personally have only objected when they have been lifted without permission for use on a business site (usually real estate).

I'm not a lawyer but I believe that every photo here, by our amazing pool of talented pool of photographers, has copyright "vested" despite no specific use of the copyright symbol, watermarks etc. I'm only aware of one UT contributor who has indicated that no re-posting of photos without permission is allowed.

So by the book, the photographer's permission should be sought. I'm sort of suprised that something like "copy link location" can't be disabled if a photographer explicitly doesn't want his or her photo posted outside of Flickr and other such forums.

Every forum I am aware of requires a proper link to the photographer to accompany the post. UrbanToronto states "When posting copyrighted material please include source, author and a link to the source.". If however UT has in fact a zero tolerance policy for posting photos such as this, the MODs can delete it, or I'll do it myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I guess I won't be sharing anything from here, then.
You are encouraged to share if sharing is permitted. Posting Flickr and Instagram links is fine as long as it links back to the source. Downloading other peoples' images and re-uploading them on UT without credit is a different story, and those posts will be moderated.

would it have been faster to build with a central column rather than this method? or is this a faster method?

You are encouraged to share if sharing is permitted. Posting Flickr and Instagram links is fine as long as it links back to the source. Downloading other peoples' images and re-uploading them on UT without credit is a different story, and those posts will be moderated.
The way I understood his question, is that he was asking about sharing photos that are posted here on Urban Toronto that are also hosted here on Urban Toronto's forum.

I wasn't really distinguishing where a photo is hosted. I'm not sure it really matters. The important thing, i suppose, is the desire of the photographer. My understanding is that everything is copyrighted, whether expressed or not. So, I guess the only way to share one (legally) is if the photographer gives permission at time of posting or in response to a request. Am I right?

If you're worried about copyright and the photo is on Instagram, Twitter, or Flickr, you can just paste the link in your message and it will be unfurled with a thumbnail. I would say that that is different from re-uploading a photo to UT because you haven't done any copying.

would it have been faster to build with a central column rather than this method? or is this a faster method?

The central core design would definitely be easier and faster to build from breaking ground to topping out.

The main advantage of building with the super column design is the availability of wide open spaces inside the building without many load bearing walls. The allows greater freedom on the floorplans for the condos and hotel rooms in the building.

There is a possibility that once they go into the more standard floors that they can speed up. We will have to wait and see when we get to that stage in the construction.

684081B4-3210-4EE2-AA97-0825428FA8F4.jpeg

Taken from Nordstrom Off Rack.

Back