Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Eww 🤢

IMG_20200918_121123721_HDR.jpg

All we need now is the CF logo, and this monstrosity will be complete.

Cadillac Fairview should plaster their logo all over this one to let the public know of the latest trash creation they've added to Toronto.

All we need now is the CF logo, and this monstrosity will be complete.

Cadillac Fairview should plaster their logo all over this one to let the public know of the latest trash creation they've added to Toronto.
Though I am very sorry that this building was 're-covered" rather than restored and updated and am certainly disappointed the crown lighting was not restored BUT, I actually think the new version is 'not bad' (if one can stop thinking of what might have been.)

Though I am very sorry that this building was 're-covered" rather than restored and updated and am certainly disappointed the crown lighting was not restored BUT, I actually think the new version is 'not bad' (if one can stop thinking of what might have been.)

*If*. *If*. *If*. And if one can stop thinking of the Bay & Queen context as well.

Even dog turds have interesting structures if your stop thinking they're turds...

So how many more buildings are they gonna keep ruining in the financial district? Not every building needs to be sheathed in glass or grey spandrel. We already have more than enough of that to go around in the city.
All of them eventually! This is taking an amazingly long time to complete. Wow

One that could really use a new skin is the CIBC building next to scotia tower it’s been an eye soar forever.

All of them eventually! This is taking an amazingly long time to complete. Wow
Even before the actual work began, there had been scaffolding on the Queen St frontage for a while, supposedly because concrete was falling off the tower (one of the justifications for the recladding). Poor Bannock, they've been obscured by the scaffolding pretty much since they opened, I hope they got a hefty rental discount.

Not too much damage has been done. It's reversible. Hopefully one day it can be restored to its original look.

Back