Toronto 400 King West | 157.37m | 48s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Boring. . . hope Plaza goes same way as Cresford

Actually, Plaza have just partnered with an American real estate company to buy 37% of ELAD Canada:

I have a friend who lives at WHC. The quality of the interior finishes in her unit and shared spaces in the overall building remains in great shape after all the years since completion. Under construction but Plaza Midtown and Theatre District Residences look decent from the renderings.

I have a friend who lives at WHC. The quality of the interior finishes in her unit and shared spaces in the overall building remains in great shape after all the years since completion. Under construction but Plaza Midtown and Theatre District Residences look decent from the renderings.
I would take a closer look at the materials shown in the Plaza Midtown architectural plans if you're feeling optimistic about that one. Not looking too promising

1599338410284.png

1599338471436.png

1599337776441.png

1599337845435.png

Development Applications

^ I like the canted brick/brick veneer (and the touch of bronze might work).

Too bad this earlier podium design with two tones of brick is no longer in play... kinda liked it.

27748-83961.jpeg

UT

The last photo up above of this building's rendering looks too busy in my opinion ! We got another YC and Clover condo's podium aditude going on here . It would look fine if they simplify the podium with one tone brick and glass all around.

Last edited:
This sucks. It's Plaza, so we always knew it would suck, but this really does suck. They're trying to get 15 units per floor on some levels in the tower.

Love sleeping in my kitchen!

View attachment 268309

Just ridiculous. And how much will people be asked to pay for the privilege to live in this space? How do people who have the power to do something about this justify that for their generation people could realistically buy a full home and yet now, people are *lucky* if they can buy a closet in a budget junky condo for themselves to live in? Our leaders and the comfortable homeowners from previous generations who demand policy to protect their million-dollar assets and their frozen-in-amber idea of the city and its neighbourhoods need to own up to the situation they've created and get out of the way of urgently needed change. Many seem to want to just sail through their retirements without reckoning with the world they've created and have left for their children's generation — see also: climate change. This is the result of the financialization of housing, the Canadian cult of home ownership as an investment, and the policies that our leaders have enacted to protect this class. To not reckon with this and actually do something about the housing crisis is a complete abdication of leadership and responsibility. How long can the city go on like this? We need an entirely new generation of leadership and a new way of thinking about the city and housing. Inequality breaks societies.

On another subject, while I do appreciate some warm colours finally showing up in new developments, the way the crown on this one is done is very funny to me. These companies have so little taste and sense of design they're just like "Oh you wanted some brown? Here's some brown randomly on top with no coherence." I'm still glad for it since it will break up the monotony, and the podium precast brick is good as well (though of course they can't resist terrible all-glass frontage for some reason), but it seems like to be a developer in this city the #1 requirement is having absolutely no taste (or sense of social responsibility).

Back