Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Updated architectural plans:

hwfw.JPG
bweva.JPG
32tfwa.JPG
123wfe.JPG
gwg3.JPG
32qqw.JPG

That sliver of colour showing in the elevator core (and the louvers for the bent ventilation shaft being the only element with colour) is so uptight Toronto where outward displays of pleasure is verboten. On a side note, Richard Rogers is retiring:

And they will be dropping the R in RSH within 2 years, according to the article.

Also from said Architectural Plans:

1599157892235.png

1599157986098.png

1599158041363.png

Hey the louvers on the north end are red!!

1599158091142.png

(Credits: Oxford/RSH)

AoD

Last edited:
Blue glass and grey everything else, of course. Pretty disappointing, but expected. The roofline of this at least I am legitimately super excited for — that spire is really cool and it will add variation.

Blue glass and grey everything else, of course. Pretty disappointing, but expected. The roofline of this at least I am legitimately super excited for — that spire is really cool and it will add variation.

I wouldn't be that disappointed in sense that the details will surely be quite fine, and that it is unabashedly structural expressionist - but it could have been even more of a standout.

AoD

That base is looking fantastic. We don't have nearly enough cantilever bases in the city.

Solid tower overall, though I can't help but lament at the loss of the classic skyline shot from Polson Pier when this tower finally goes up. That view will be history when all is said and done in this area. From the lake though, it should pop.

High hopes for this one. It's fairly respectful of the harbour building and overall I find the design progressive for Toronto. For myself it represents the last piece of the railway lands to be developed.

this is like 8th re submission. i hope they start construction soon.
This will get them closer to approvals, but I wouldn't invest too much hope for a quick start with today's uncertainty!

Yep, no lease here yet. And I doubt Oxford will go ahead on spec in this market.

Back