News   Apr 24, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 305     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 632     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

What's up with the crazy wide median barrier east of Mavis?
Would say crash barrier since it will be fill with gravel and top off with concrete. Otherwise no clue and could never understand it when the road was first being built. Maybe for a future transfer lane. Have to ask MTO as to why.

So the new express lanes from the west (eastbound) have opened right before Mavis. When I drove yesterday in the opposite direction from the east they still weren’t open so not sure if the change happened overnight or the ones from the east haven’t opened yet (westbound).

So the new express lanes from the west (eastbound) have opened right before Mavis. When I drove yesterday in the opposite direction from the east they still weren’t open so not sure if the change happened overnight or the ones from the east haven’t opened yet (westbound).
Google maps doesn't have the new express lanes yet, but it does show essentially no traffic on the stretch now in the middle of rush hour, which means they are likely open to corroborate your report.

Now how long until the westbound direction opens?

I noticed that it looked like they were actually doing paving on the new 401 WB collectors between the 407 and Trafalgar on my way home yesterday.

Does that mean you can no longer access the express heading Eastbound from Mavis anymore, or have they kept that entry point?

Does that mean you can no longer access the express heading Eastbound from Mavis anymore, or have they kept that entry point?

A friend of mine was quite disappointed yesterday afternoon to discover that he could no longer access the express lanes from Mavis.

Dan

I noticed that it looked like they were actually doing paving on the new 401 WB collectors between the 407 and Trafalgar on my way home yesterday.
401 collectors now past the 407?

My gosh ... I have been self-isolating too long ... time for a drive!

Hopefully there's finally a collector to express transfer west of 427.

I drove on the eastbound 401 from EMP to YYZ. Looks like the job is not complete yet. only two express lanes are open. The carpool lane is not open. Some work still pending. There is a lane that is still not open and I am suspecting that will allow merging into collector in order to access Mavis.

That’s a shame.

Yeah you can't access Express from Mavis anymore. I never really did anyway because you had to switch over multiple lanes in a short span so at least it helps to avoid causing people to do this.

The other direction hasn't opened as of tonight though.

I noticed some of the signage eastbound only shows 410 Brampton with no mention, but some of the signs do show 403 WEST so I'm not sure why the signage isn't consistent.

401 collectors now past the 407?

My gosh ... I have been self-isolating too long ... time for a drive!

Hopefully there's finally a collector to express transfer west of 427.

To be clear, other sections, even east of that, are nowhere near being ready. My understanding is that the collectors will end after Winston Churchill and it will drop to 10 lanes under the 407 (due to existing structures), and then expand to 13-lanes with collectors again through Milton.

To be clear, other sections, even east of that, are nowhere near being ready. My understanding is that the collectors will end after Winston Churchill and it will drop to 10 lanes under the 407 (due to existing structures), and then expand to 13-lanes with collectors again through Milton.
How do these new collectors that they are paving at Trafalgar going? Presumably must stop just east of there at the 407. And at a minimum to James Show in the west ... do they get to 25?

I have to find some new aerial photography ... apparently there's a new roundabout at James Snow and Dublin Line ... I guess James Snow becomes Cambellville Road there ... I can't believe I haven't actually been there for a year or two ...

Back