Toronto Leaside Common | 29.98m | 9s | Gairloch | BDP Quadrangle

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
1718 BAYVIEW AVE
Ward 15 - North York District

Development Applications

Zoning Bylaw Amendment applicaiton to permit a 9 storey mixed-use, mid-rise building with 123 residential units including townhouse units. The proposal would have a total of 77 parking spaces located on two levels of underground parking with access to the below grade ramp that would be provided on the south portion of the site from Bayview Avenue. The proposed floor space index is 4.34 times the lot area

Possibly Gairloch?

Site currently:

1591682322949.png

1591684662527.png

Last edited:
That sounds like a brilliant name. Too bad Disney owns the name "Thanos." But again, Disney allowed palaeontologists the right to use the Thanos name for a dinosaur: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos_simonattoi
Doubt Disney would let a barely-known local developer whose webpages for some of their projects are broken and redirect to Chinese sites, use their name.

On a side note:
They really seem to like having their projects look like they ran out of paint and just gave up. Here's a render for another one of their projects at 3200 Dundas that I found on their website. Should be a safe estimate of what they're planning for here, and I can't say I like it.
3194-3206 Dundas St w_v1 (1).jpg

Doubt Disney would let a barely-known local developer whose webpages for some of their projects are broken and redirect to Chinese sites, use their name.

On a side note:
They really seem to like having their projects look like they ran out of paint and just gave up. Here's a render for another one of their projects at 3200 Dundas that I found on their website. Should be a safe estimate of what they're planning for here, and I can't say I like it.
3194-3206 Dundas St w_v1 (1).jpg

Gairloch's website works fine, I didn't encounter any broken links or random redirections.

Preliminary Report to next NYCC meeting on Sept 10th, 2020.

From the report:

Issues identified on a preliminary basis include:
•The suitability of the proposed height, massing, and other built form issues based on Section 2 q. and r. of the Planning Act; the Growth Plan (2019), the City's Official Plan policies and the Avenues and Mid-Rise Buildings Performance Standards and Addendum;
•The appropriateness of maintaining one-half of a semi-detached dwelling at the north end of the site (1734 and 1736 Bayview Avenue);
•The appropriateness of the proposed building stepbacks on Bayview Avenue;
•The appropriateness of the proposed townhouses facing the rear yard;
•The adequacy of the total area, suitability and function of the proposed indoor and outdoor amenity areas; •The proposal's transition to the adjacent Neighbourhoods designated area
• Review of the proposed retail uses to ensure conformity with the development principles for sites on Priority Retail Streets;
•The appropriateness of the proposed parking access at the north end of the site; and
•The need for on-site parkland dedication

Back