News   Apr 19, 2024
 96     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 540     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Liberty Village pedestrian link

Glass is up. My photo is not great -- the starburst pattern is a bit more prominent IRL.

Only noticed the glazed brick when I saw this in person today. Between this and The Plant, I hope it's the beginning of a trend.

IMG_20200701_130259.jpg

Story from workers on site is that the opening will be delayed due to delays getting the elevators delivered. The blame is being placed on Covid, but had they designed something that didn't need elevators...

I'm not an archetect but I think it would have looked better if they put focus on the structures and minimized the pathway, perhaps using an all glass design for that. It kind of uses the design language of the condos in the area which is kind of cool but it doesn't go far enough imo

Looks like it was designed by the same committee that came up with the duck-billed platypus. I really hope they can at least leave the muscular concrete stairs free from the wretched brick and spandrel that, for whatever bizarre reason, cloak the nearby surfaces.

It's not only gross looking and not optimally functional (the ole ramp vs. stairs debate), but it also strikes me as perhaps borderline dangerous; there are large parts of it that are nearly or completely opaque and it just generally seems to have terrible visibility into it.

Nothing about any aspect of its design makes me want to use it.

Back