Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Still nothing done with the sidewalk nor have they cleaned the windows yet. Sad.
070DFCAE-F819-4067-9D97-CD9A33DF76D2.jpeg
E929A5EF-248D-43C6-BEBB-580EBFF5C408.jpeg
0B7F54E3-7188-4466-AACF-1C48ED86EC70.jpeg
3C68EDC9-8DAB-48F8-B12B-046CCB3A29D6.jpeg
6695E00F-95D0-4469-86DD-5E0476655FF4.jpeg

Looked back in the thread, the sidewalk around this tower has been open for over a year now. I hope Canderel has a good excuse as to why the sidewalk hasn't been built by now.

As an outsider looking in, I have to give them benefit of the doubt. But that's quickly expiring. I can't help but wonder if they're simply putting it off because they can get away with it, at this point.

I see that "Yorkville University" has been blacked out on the Toronto Film School sign. Interesting.

They're not going to do the bottom-most run of cladding until they get the sidewalks finished. Why put granite or flashing or whatnot if they know they're coming in with a bobcat shortly to tear out the surrounding material?
...Because you have a tiny bit of professional pride? Or respect for the thousands of people who walk by each day?

...Because you have a tiny bit of professional pride? Or respect for the thousands of people who walk by each day?
It's interesting to observe different company practices. It's not like this is Canderel's only project in the Yonge+College area, it is a prominent part of their portfolio.

Needless to say, Slate wouldn't be doing this around their Yonge & St. Clair portfolio.

I don't think a company that built a building this disgustingly ugly has any professional pride, or cares about this city. At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if they consider the sidewalk finished. Such a massive shame for the entire area.

I don't think a company that built a building this disgustingly ugly has any professional pride, or cares about this city.

It’s been one stack of dogsh*t after the next with Canderel. Each one more foul than the one before.

They should be ashamed and embarassed by the heinous, amateurish “developments” they’re responsible for around Yonge and College but it’s a bunch of greedy suits based in Montreal who’s sole concern is clearly profit, and nothing more. Unlike some of the other developers working in this city, they likely don’t even give one passing sh*t for design or for contributing to the life and culture Toronto. Totally shameful that these slobs have been allowed to desecrate our central city.

I've rented an Airbnb in this building earlier in the year and was not impressed with the building at all. While the location was convenient, the construction was very cheap, the lobby was chaotic, there were also a ton of students. It felt like a dorm...

I've rented an Airbnb in this building earlier in the year and was not impressed with the building at all. While the location was convenient, the construction was very cheap, the lobby was chaotic, there were also a ton of students. It felt like a dorm...
Wait a minute, you were using the building as a fly-by-night airb'n'b guest, and yet you're complaining that the building felt like a dorm? That's rich!

Take it easy, I was there for a few months as I was in-between places.
Okay, medium-term AirB'n'b guest, which essentially is the same thing as a student renting an apartment for a school year. The building is an investor tower, like so many downtown, and your in-between stay there was no different.

Back