Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Lots of changes at GG and different leadership over the last couple of years... read into that what you will.

I second AHK in saying I'm extremely pleased to see you posting again! Your posts have always been a great contribution to the forum.

No one is preventing you or anyone else from keeping up to date on this project by simply speculating. Don't be a dick.

With All Due Respect Sir - From the Forum's Rules of Conduct (formatting by me):

We want to have a forum that provides knowledge to its members rather than a soapbox for people who just want to add to their post counts. We will warn you if we think you’re posting too often about nothing. Don’t take it personally. We just want the content to stay strong.
- Make sure your posts contribute something meaningful to the thread.
- Use the English language. If we can’t understand it we will delete it. And use proper grammar. Again if we can’t understand it we will delete it.
- Use the search function before creating a thread.
- When posting copyrighted material please include source, author and a link to the source.
- No sexist, racist or offensive language of any kind will be allowed. Postings of a sexual nature are also prohibited.
- Yelling (YELLING) is not allowed.
- Name calling and other such offenses against other forum members will not be tolerated.

Sorry to nudge this thread. I just wanted to confirm that this building has been approved by the city correct?

I know it was revised to two supertalls, but that version got the greenlight. It's the developers we're waiting on, not the city like at The One right?

There is no above grade violation with this project yet...well, because they haven't started it yet.

...I am pretty sure GG won't be making the same mistakes as Mr. Mizrahi did in the respective permits, when they...err, eventually get going on it.

I don’t believe the second rezoning has been approved, no? It’s been sitting in mystery land for a while now after they made the second application.. I don’t even remember seeing a preliminary report go to council.

I don’t believe the second rezoning has been approved, no? It’s been sitting in mystery land for a while now after they made the second application.. I don’t even remember seeing a preliminary report go to council.

Yeah, I believe that’s right. Last I heard from someone working on the project, they were sorting through some very complicated below-grade issues (public/private easements and utility relocation, among other things) with the City. They had also wrapped negotiations with the hotel provider, but I’m not sure if that still stands given the amount of time that has elapsed and the little pandemic.

I gather they were also fine to wait for the market to continue to appreciate so that they could build this as the premium project they envisioned it as when they bought it.

Yeah, I believe that’s right. Last I heard from someone working on the project, they were sorting through some very complicated below-grade issues (public/private easements and utility relocation, among other things) with the City. They had also wrapped negotiations with the hotel provider, but I’m not sure if that still stands given the amount of time that has elapsed and the little pandemic.

I gather they were also fine to wait for the market to continue to appreciate so that they could build this as the premium project they envisioned it as when they bought it.
Ohh so it's not as simple as GG just needs to move their equipment in? There is still stuff on the negotiation end?

I did not realise, thanks!

Another zoom-in:

Toronto Model 08-09-20 M&G.png

Well we won’t get to see these towers built in our lifetimes so thank you for what could be some day perhaps. As a simulation koops65. I say this as the first post for this thread was back in 2012. And still no official stance on this where’s this project at? What is it they are waiting for exactly. And, Will anyone know who frank Gehry is by the time this building is ever hypothetically completed. Will he him self even get to see it come to life?

Last edited:
Well we won’t get to see these towers built in our lifetimes so thank you for what could be some day perhaps. As a simulation koops65. I say this as the first post for this thread was back in 2012. And still no official stance on this where’s this project at? What is it they are waiting for exactly. And, Will anyone know who frank Gehry is by the time this building is ever hypothetically completed. Will he him self even get to see it come to life?

There are fairly specific answers to these questions three posts above yours.

Back