News   Apr 15, 2024
 976     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 654     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Just gonna leave this here. Covid not giving me much to do. (PDF)
the ultimate GTA transit map (white back.).png

Attachments

• the ultimate GTA transit map (white back.).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 353
Last edited:
A Line 2 extension to reach the Hurontario LRT would parallel the Milton GO Train. They are already rebuilding the COOKSVILLE GO Station, which would be a transfer point for the Hurontario LRT. From link. (Can you say "discount transfer fares"?)

milton-map-large.jpg
To reply to comment from the Yonge North thread re: Milton line, if we ever get a Jane LRT (the bus lanes will likely help prove its usefulness), I think it would make sense to have a 'Lambton' stop added after Kipling to make an interchange...Jane LRT, extended St. Clair streetcar, and GO Milton.

I spent a decent amount of time on this, no real context to it
View attachment 261921
Interesting that you used the DRL Route instead of the OL route. Aside from that, I think I personally think having the DRL extend west to Dundas West if not Keele to better serve the neighbourhoods of Parkdale and Roncesvales. I like your choice of having Line 2 go all the way to Sherway however, I think that's an extension that's long overdue, and I don't think it would be that expensive or difficult to build since it would mostly follow a preexisting ROW.

Interesting that you used the DRL Route instead of the OL route. Aside from that, I think I personally think having the DRL extend west to Dundas West if not Keele to better serve the neighbourhoods of Parkdale and Roncesvales. I like your choice of having Line 2 go all the way to Sherway however, I think that's an extension that's long overdue, and I don't think it would be that expensive or difficult to build since it would mostly follow a preexisting ROW.

I would have normally routed the DRL throughParkdale however my choice to use Dufferin was largely due to the overcrowding onthe 29 Dufferin bus. Dufferin doesn't have any room for dedicated bus lanes or a dedicated ROW streetcar (like St. Clair). I don't really like the alignment for the Ontario Line, I think it too obstructive for the conventional rail lines. VIA and GO Transit need all the space they can get.

Effective January 2031, oh if only.

I love the two-stop west extension of Line 2 - a straight shot to Sherway doesn't make much sense to me. Some of the stops don't make a lot of sense, though - why is there a Royal Orchard stop? Why did Bay/Main Street get renamed? Why are there so few on Finch east of the Spadina branch, and so many on Sheppard east of Fairview?

Speaking of which, Fairview, Newtonbrook, and The Annex are fantastic stop names.

Effective January 2031, oh if only.

I love the two-stop west extension of Line 2 - a straight shot to Sherway doesn't make much sense to me. Some of the stops don't make a lot of sense, though - why is there a Royal Orchard stop? Why did Bay/Main Street get renamed? Why are there so few on Finch east of the Spadina branch, and so many on Sheppard east of Fairview?

Speaking of which, Fairview, Newtonbrook, and The Annex are fantastic stop names.
I try to keep the stations at least 800m apart in most cases, travel time significantly slows with more stations. I also struggled a bit with station spacing, normally I would have not put as many stations along Sheppard East. Again there isn't much context to the map other than it sbsolutely will not come to pass.

Niagara Falls.png

Two-line rapid transit system for the city of Niagara Falls. I envision a 15-minute BRT being the most reasonable, perhaps with a third seasonal route that follows the eastern half of the purple route and the southern half of the blue route as far as MarineLand. Nothing too fancy, but a reliable system that links most of the tourist attractions and areas with high development potential that could form the base of a reorganized Niagara Falls bus network.

StClair.png

A new and improved 512 streetcar, complete with consolidated stops and an extension to Jane Street!

Filled in circles denote current stops that I chose to remove. Stops are closest together in the area around and between the rail corridors, and furthest apart on either side of Hillcrest (Christie/Humewood). Using the St Clair West subway station should be encouraged over use of the streetcar to the Yonge branch, which is the reason behind the removal of the Bathurst stop. Russell Hill was preserved instead of Spadina because it was halfway between St Clair West Station and Avenue Road. Considering this line's lack of connection to the other streetcar lines, it may be more beneficial to group the 512 in with the Crosstown and Finch West lines as the "LRTs outside of downtown". Ideally removing these stops will also remove a few of the traffic lights along the route that slow everyone down.

Yes, it absolutely would makes sense if there were anything like all day service. There's even a lot of room for it if you can intrude on CPs yard space there, which suggests this becomes pretty easy with the missing link (which I've always argued should be justified more by CP and Milton than Brampton).

Back