News   Apr 24, 2024
 250     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.4K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 623     0 

TTC CLRV Streetcars: Where will they go once they are retired?

Don’t mean to shunt people away from Urban Toronto, but CPTDB has some updates on where the CLRVs are going.
Well look what UT Member @alexanderglista bought himself!

Congrats on your new purchase!
When you get old, Alex Glista, you will have an amazing relic of the past to tell your descendants.

@alexanderglista 's gift to himself ...........is on its way.

1596202773218.png

1596202803138.png

Any car that escapes the scrapper is cause for celebration - but at the risk of sounding gloomy - I hope there will be a plan and resources and commitment to look after the car's well being over time.
There's nothing sadder than seeing a relic in a farmer's field that was once lovingly conserved but has gone to rot since.
The rail enthusiast community is notorious for "saving' things but not properly preserving them thereafter.
Having said that, I wish Alex well with his "collection" - a labour of love has just begun.

- Paul

I had no idea they were offering these for public purchase. Should've checked this thread sooner.

How many UT Members have secret acreages where they can deposit rolling stock? Am I the only one thinking......it just wouldn't fit on my balcony?

How many UT Members have secret acreages where they can deposit rolling stock? Am I the only one thinking......it just wouldn't fit on my balcony?
My uncle does. He also has some wind turbines that could power the streetcar around the fields of soy beans and corn. If I had way too much money to burn....

Back