News   Mar 28, 2024
 461     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 310     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 329     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

here comes the hydro corridor ideas.... i love walking an extra 500-1000m out of my way to take a bus through a hydro corridor.
What do you think about this community centre situation?
So what would you propose replacing the 36 with? Another subway? Keeping it as it is?
I guess nothing at this point since we're too far in to building this.

This is not going to be that much faster than the 36 bus at all.

The LRT should be considerably faster during the rush hours, because the buses get stuck in traffic.

That said, Metrolinx certainly ought to give the land for the Community Centre after they promised that. Otherwise they will diminish the public confidence and the support for their future projects, while the amount of money they might recover by selling the land will be trivial compared to the cost of the whole Finch project.

The LRT should be considerably faster during the rush hours, because the buses get stuck in traffic.

That said, Metrolinx certainly ought to give the land for the Community Centre after they promised that. Otherwise they will diminish the public confidence and the support for their future projects, while the amount of money they might recover by selling the land will be trivial compared to the cost of the whole Finch project.
And the number of stops too. I commuted nearly end to end on the 36 for four years. Some stops can be quite close to one another.

I really, really wish some sort of signal priority ends up being installed. We should go all in if we’re investing this much in infrastructure. And since the beginning of this project, there was always hints of giving transit priority on this corridor.

I thought we were against LRT as social engineering projects which is why we are building subways subways subways into Scarborough.

And the number of stops too. I commuted nearly end to end on the 36 for four years. Some stops can be quite close to one another.

I really, really wish some sort of signal priority ends up being installed. We should go all in if we’re investing this much in infrastructure. And since the beginning of this project, there was always hints of giving transit priority on this corridor.
Finch West will have signal priority.

Metrolinx is behaving in a downright sleazy way.

After clearly, unequivocally supporting a community hub on a portion of the maintenance centre site, they are now saying they will instead sell off the land to the highest bidder.

Ok though, where is this clear, unequivocal commitment. I'm not defending MX, I'm saying that out of anyone, us UT'ers should be able to dig up those statements by going through the early pages of the thread, and finding links to stuff that's still active, or picking it up from the Wayback Machine.

I'm going to try for a bit, but I'm on mobile right now. Any specific dates anyone knows of could help narrow the search.

I dont know what kind of Cool-Aid powder Metrolinx and the Ministry of Transportation has been sniffing, but that is the most laughable excuse ive ever heard come out of them. So if an official "committed" to the the plan without proper "approvals", wouldn't it be on Metrolinx to properly vet that "approval" before it became approved and not all of a sudden 5+ years later discover it wasnt approved "properly".

I have no idea what in the planet they're talking about, and they need to be called out on their BS. While we're at it, Caroline Mulroney needs to be called out on her BS as well.

Back