290     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 368     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

From the above report, the Mx Statement:

View attachment 259104

Where do they train to write statements like that? Ten lines filled not counting the title and the spaces between paragraphs; still totally unclear whether they will build the community centre next to MSF, build it in another location, or not build at all.

A straight answer would take one line. A straight conditional answer, perhaps three lines.

Unless you're a hardcore transit fan loving to watch LRVs head out of the yard very morning at 5am, I highly doubt anyone would want to live beside the MSF if they had a choice.
I think the property is more suited for commercial use.

is it possible that a community centre is still built just with a condo on top?

This doesn't sound like the worst idea, sell the land on condition that the culture hub gets built on the podium, put some towers up top, and allocate a certain # of units to affordable housing, everybody wins lol

Unless you're a hardcore transit fan loving to watch LRVs head out of the yard very morning at 5am, I highly doubt anyone would want to live beside the MSF if they had a choice.
I think the property is more suited for commercial use.

Tell that to those living around the Roncesvalles and Russell yards. I lived near the Roncesvalles yard as a kid, and the streetcars were fine for my family life. People have more of a problem with the diesel bus garages. Today, I live near the Mt. Dennis yard.

Where do they train to write statements like that? Ten lines filled not counting the title and the spaces between paragraphs; still totally unclear whether they will build the community centre next to MSF, build it in another location, or not build at all.

A straight answer would take one line. A straight conditional answer, perhaps three lines.

You write a statement like that when you know the truthful answer isn't what the public wants to hear.

Back