Toronto The Rosedale on Bloor | 185.92m | 55s | Gupta | Arcadis

I wonder who owns that parking lot and whether Gupta tried to buy it. As it is, it’s an awkward narrow L-shaped site. I’m curious how the tower will rise on the site, given that it appears to be a single rectangular tower rather than L- or Z- shaped a la Yonge & Rich (which also has an L-shaped site, but ‘thicker’).

I'm not certain, but maybe the parking lot belongs to the same group as the building to the east, 600 Sherbourne (?):

1592877627998.png

I wonder who owns that parking lot and whether Gupta tried to buy it. As it is, it’s an awkward narrow L-shaped site. I’m curious how the tower will rise on the site, given that it appears to be a single rectangular tower rather than L- or Z- shaped a la Yonge & Rich (which also has an L-shaped site, but ‘thicker’).
The renderings of the tower are in the database file as always!

The podium looks like it's going to be rubbish, based on the renderings. Hope the tower will at least end up being well executed.

The podium looks like it's going to be rubbish, based on the renderings. Hope the tower will at least end up being well executed.
Those canted columns are not in the renderings, so we may be in for a pleasant surprise. What’s been built so far looks bunker-like though (as per the renderings), so I wouldn’t get too excited about it.

Those canted columns are not in the renderings, so we may be in for a pleasant surprise. What’s been built so far looks bunker-like though (as per the renderings), so I wouldn’t get too excited about it.

Unfortunately those columns wont be much of a feature from the street (one is buried in an egress corridor). That said, the reason they are there is pretty interesting - set back from the tunnel as it cuts through the site and angled out to support the tower and transfer slab above.

The one in the lobby may be a little interesting, but don't get too excited about any surprises.

1595431190330.png

The absurd length of time that this project has taken leads me to believe that the Gupta group is not a dependable builder that I would consider in the future.

The absurd length of time that this project has taken leads me to believe that the Gupta group is not a dependable builder that I would consider in the future.
The post immediately above yours shows how this is being built above an active subway tunnel. That definitely adds a bit of time to the process.

Back