396     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 402     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 755     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

^And these ;)
Jnv2l243_400x400.jpg

Nevertheless I really don't see the big deal in asking for a link. I have respect and trust for everyone here. Just wanted to see the page/pdf in which trains on the surface section of the line were to start at the end of the year.

Do you have a link to that?

Unfortunately, I don't. Just good eyes and a conveniently-placed chart in one of the site offices.

For the record, I don't work for TTC, Metrolinx, or any of the many associated consulting services that they hire. I do have many friends at most of those organizations, and many more.

Dan

Unfortunately, I don't. Just good eyes and a conveniently-placed chart in one of the site offices.

For the record, I don't work for TTC, Metrolinx, or any of the many associated consulting services that they hire. I do have many friends at most of those organizations, and many more.

Dan
Ah ok. Thank you :)

Its a shame the MSF is on the west side; they could have potentially opened up the at-grade portion from Kennedy to Laird sooner.

Obviously this section would not be as popular, but would give chance to work out kinks etc.

Yeah, that would certainly help. The Confederation Line was fortunate enough to have the MSF located just off the former Transitway routing, so they were able to finish that part first and do train testing long before the tunnel portion was finished. Not that that did a whole lot of good in avoiding issues, but I digress.

Its a shame the MSF is on the west side; they could have potentially opened up the at-grade portion from Kennedy to Laird sooner.

Obviously this section would not be as popular, but would give chance to work out kinks etc.

Wasn't one of the benefits of the Crosstown-Scarborough LRT connection to a Sheppard LRT that they could've also used the Sheppard MSF?

Yeah, that would certainly help. The Confederation Line was fortunate enough to have the MSF located just off the former Transitway routing, so they were able to finish that part first and do train testing long before the tunnel portion was finished. Not that that did a whole lot of good in avoiding issues, but I digress.

haha yeah thats not really a good example in hindsight haha

Wasn't one of the benefits of the Crosstown-Scarborough LRT connection to a Sheppard LRT that they could've also used the Sheppard MSF?

There were a few different plans that would have done that job:

1) The original TC plan which had the Scarborough-Malvern LRT connecting to the east end of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT.
2) The combined Eglinton-Scarborough LRT which would have connected to either the new MSF on Sheppard or the existing SRT MSF (which would have been refurbished for LRT).

haha yeah thats not really a good example in hindsight haha

The idea was good, the execution was, shall we say, lacking.

Back