News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I was exactly thinking that. Maybe Kennedy to Science Centre, but the EMSF is on the west end of the line, so unfortunately no. Testing will be done from Mount Dennis to each station west when they lay rails. First Keele, then Caledonia, then Fairbank etc.
Yeah I figured that. I was just kind of hopefully that they might test a train or two just so they can avoid any problems later in. At the rate their going right now I think we will be lucky if we see any test trains past Eglinton West (cedervale) by this time next year.

Any thoughts on Eglinton east of Kennedy and west of Mount Dennis turning into a BRT. Perhaps the Eglinton East LRT and West LRT are dead now? How would this affect the crosstown?

The Eglinton West LRT is under planning by Metrolinx and construction will start in 2021 so that extension seems to be moving forward. http://www.metrolinx.com/en/greaterregion/projects/eglinton-crosstown-west.aspx

However the EELRT is currently unfunded and stuck in limbo and I think these bus lanes would be a good interim situation until the east extension gets funded.

Any thoughts on Eglinton east of Kennedy and west of Mount Dennis turning into a BRT. Perhaps the Eglinton East LRT and West LRT are dead now? How would this affect the crosstown?

West will be, and should be, grade-separated LRT.
East, which is well behind in terms of planning and funding, could work with BRT. I saw a month of two back to extend B-D subway to Kingston Road. That would allow Kingston BRT, Markham road buses, and LSE GO Trains to all intersect the subway. With the B-D subway curving up to STC, that stretch of Eglinton would become packed.

Now that most of the street level sections does anyone think that they might do some testing on it by bringing a couple of them out by truck? Also, I'm wondering if Metrolinx still thinks it was a good idea to have built the on-street section at the same time as all of the tunnel sections?

They are supposed to start testing cars on the surface-running sections by the end of this calendar year - and that includes operating the cars off of the catenary. The original schedule had it scheduled for August-September, but they're obviously a little bit behind.

Dan

They are supposed to start testing cars on the surface-running sections by the end of this calendar year - and that includes operating the cars off of the catenary. The original schedule had it scheduled for August-September, but they're obviously a little bit behind.

Dan
Do you have a link to that?

Big deal. Ho-hum. The TTC has a fleet of "work cars", past and present. See link. They'll have "work cars" for the light-rail network.

No TTC won't. As far as the contract goes, TTC isn't maintaining the infrastructure. I think Queen's Park is just going to send a cheque to TTC to recoup their daily maintenance expensive.

What I want to know is will they use light rail snowplows or truck snowplows?

photo-toronto-ttc-snowplow-streetcars-and-other-equipment-russell-car-barn-1969-unknown-photographer.jpg

From link.

photo-toronto-broadview-and-danforth-ttc-snow-plow-in-heavy-snow-19651.jpg

BROADVIEW AND DANFORTH – TTC SNOW PLOW IN HEAVY SNOW – 1965
From link.
a-photo-toronto-ttc-snowsweeper-at-broadview-and-danforth-looking-n-on-broadview-1965-edited-from-a-robert-mcmann-image.jpg

From link.

Back